Dropped My Meridian Platinum In The Porta-john.

RockyRiver

Mel Tillis once told a story about coming by his cousin T-roy's place & saw him with a fishin' pole dangling around in the outhouse. Mel ask what he was doing & T-roy said he'd dropped his jacket down in there & was trying to fish it out. Mel said "surely you're not gonna wear that jacket after it's been down in the outhouse are you"? T-roy replied "of course not, but there's a samich' in the pocket"!

:rolleyes:

That's just disgusting. I remember in Cub Scouts this one scout had to go to the outhouse so he borrowed his dad's brand-new, expensive flashlight. A minute later he came out saying he accidently dropped it in. That night every single cubscout went in the outhouse to check it out because the beam was still on and pointing up.

Now I know why I read the forums all the time!

I dropped a beeper in the crapper once, and it was set to vibrate. It went off and it was the funniest thing I ever saw! :laughing:

Man...there's a visual I didn't need..........

Frankly, if I dropped my GPSr in a spot-a-pot, or worse yet, a latrine...

I'd be buying a new GPSr.

(hey, after popping manhole lids for one whole summer surveying the septic system in a town....you wouldn't believe the crap (literally and figuratively) you see floating down those lines. I still won't touch the survey rod we used without gloves on)

You might want to take advantage of what happened and use that pot’s position as part of a multi cache or something. Make the theme something like, “Even though it took a lick’n :laughing: it kept on tick’n. Maybe the maker of your unit could make it into an advertisement and you might get rich!

Would being under "blue" water be an OK place to place a waterproof match container?

Once I used a portable outhouse that was run by a company that put the word “SATELLITE” on it. I didn’t quite manage to get into orbit, butt I got close. It happened to about that time that one of the Space Shuttles had some liquid waste freeze and plug an opening to the outside of the shuttle. [!] I wanted to draw a cartoon of the plugged Shuttle parked at one of those SATELLITE outhouses in orbit. I would have drawn a lifeline running from the Shuttle to the house. :laughing: By the way, I wonder what color of meteor that plug made when it reentered the earth’s atmosphere? I myself have seen a lot of colors in meteors but never that one.

-it

Now I know why I read the forums all the time!

I dropped a beeper in the crapper once, and it was set to vibrate. It went off and it was the funniest thing I ever saw! :D

A crapper tsunami. I'm impressed.

(hey, after popping manhole lids for one whole summer surveying the septic system in a town....you wouldn't believe the crap (literally and figuratively) you see floating down those lines. I still won't touch the survey rod we used without gloves on)

I represent that. <_<:mad:

I once knocked a hairbrush off the back of the toilet just as I pushed the flush lever. The hairbrush was sucked down into the nether parts of the toilet, where it got stuck, resulting in an incomplete flush (if you take my meaning). With only one toilet in the house, this accident necessitated a sudden realignment of my priorities for the evening. No amount of tool use could dislodge the brush from above, so it was time for a trip to the hardware store to buy a new wax ring. I will spare you the details. The hairbrush was eventually recovered and discarded.

While all this was going on, my neighbor across the street, and his many political supporters, were closely monitoring the local election returns. As the precincts came in, it became apparent that he had won his bid for a city council seat, and as the front-runner, would probably be mayor. Champagne corks popped and the celebration spilled out onto the street. Seeing me through the bathroom window, which had been opened for much-needed ventilation, he invited me to join the party. I explained the problem at hand, which drew howls of laughter from the crowd. I finished remounting the toilet and cleaning the floor, the bathtub (don't ask), and took a lengthy and thorough shower before going to bed.

I think of that incident every election day. I also think of it every time I go near a toilet, outhouse, or porta-john, and am very carefull about what I put in pockets, and so on. Carelessness can land you inn deep doo-doo.

While out caching I decided to get a Dunkin Donuts coffee and use their bathroom. I dropped my PDA in the toilet and had to fish it out. Heck, I needed those cache pages in the PDA! Gad. It was sooooo gross!! The PDA still works though.

I had no idea that an PDA was waterproof. :antenna:

Glad someone posted to this one to bring it back to the top. Laughed so hard I cried and had to take a break so I could see the screen again. Great stuff!!!! Thanks to all the comedians that have contributed to this thread.

Bringing it up again :P to think about it I would have madee a sling out of toilet paper to pull out my GPS, like a crane. <_< Thanks for the funniest topic ever!

I am working as a finish carpenter now and one day I had to borrow my bosses tape measure for a bit, well nature called and had to use the porta john.

I learned to make sure the lid is closed before you do anything because the tape fell off my pocket and right into the toilet with a loud splash.

I made it the rest of the day without him asking for it back.