Pictures - Hand On Chin Revival

369445_3600.jpg

I'm sorry, but am i the only one that see's this as putting a big "L" on Jeremy?

i was thinking the same thing but didnt want to say it.

I said it....why not say it? :D

well when i used the sadam avatar jeremy took ofense to it and i got a 10% warn for it, so i figure if he took ofense to that i might get banned or warned again.

Well maybe because you keep posting the picture over and over with the quoting... :D

Ya maybe thats it. I better stop doing that, I wouldnt want to ofend anyone. :D

I am sure he isn't that sensitive. It would be a little silly to make a big deal out of that.

Oh, so now you're calling him "silly"?

Trying to bring it back on topic from Halden's OT post...

Sorry.....temporarlily forgot what the topic was! Oh, yeah, hand pics.....I don't have any to contribute, so I guess I'll just lurk here.......

I made an avatar with my jeep once and was going to use it, but never did, here it is...

ja.jpg

To bad that is not a yellow jeep. Then you could log it for yellow jeep fever. :D

ROFLMAO!!  Deaf and hard of hearing people who use American Sign Language will definitely crack up because hand on chin pictures means something else in their language!  *snickers*

Fill the rest of us in... what does it mean? I'd hate to be making a potentially offensive comment just by messing around geocachin' style.

Edited by Golfhaus
ROFLMAO!!  Deaf and hard of hearing people who use American Sign Language will definitely crack up because hand on chin pictures means something else in their language!  *snickers*

Fill the rest of us in... what does it mean? I'd hate to be making a potentially offensive comment just by messing around geocachin' style.

Here is what I found in an unknown message board

==========================================

Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 13:57:42

RE: sign language on the word "gay" or "queer"...

AH.

Yeah. In American Sign Language, it's the "G" with the finger & thumb pointing towards yourself on the chin.

But in actuality, I've always spelled it out.

There's more but... this is quite enough. OH, BTW, the sign for lesbians: The "L" pointing towards to the chin again,... this time with the "L" sideways, and the side touching the chin. Hard to explain without pictures... of course!

Just throwing in my cheap pennies. ===================================

Is this correct?

[quote name=the sign for lesbians: The "L" pointing towards to the chin again' date='... this time with the "L" sideways, and the side touching the chin. Hard to explain without pictures... of course!

Is this correct? [/quote]

Exactly! :rolleyes:

Edited by bdstrom

This is the second time I've seen this brought up about the ASL "lesbian" thing.

I've looked at the referenced sign and at Irish's avatar. They are distinctly different.

First the sign is an el with the web of the palm tapped to the chin. Irish's pose is a stylized pondering reminicent of old detective movies. While I can't presume to know what his motivation or inspiration was at the time, that's what it looks like to me. Note the thumb is high on the cheek and the forefinger is actually cupped around the chin. The web of the palm is not touching the face. The natural position of the elbow will be extended and high to the side. This is very different from the ASL sign for lesbian.

See many variations of Irish's pondering pose here. It seems to be a natural for humans to touch the chin when they ponder or contemplate.