Pictures - Hand On Chin Revival

I saw this on a page and thought it was great. I acturally tried to make a signal like this (with hand on chin), but couldn't do it. I'm not that graphically oriented. Anyway, I thought it was awesome, and fit this post perfectly.

74ff7bce-f12c-4a08-98e9-cd2db9393bec.jpg

Saw this in the Forbidden City in Beijing. They were posted on a photographers stand who would take your picture in front of the place. Or maybe he just takes your picture and makes a really bad photoshop of you in front of the place. I couldn't tell.

forbiddencity.jpg

And the closeup detail:

detail.jpg

Jamie

Could someone explain that "finger thing" to me? I mean, that particular one...

In one of Jeremy's avatars he has his finger on his chin like that. I believe it was meant to look like he was thinking. Others started posing for photos like that and it became sort of a world-wide geocaching symbol. Some people have been known to flash the sign to other geocachers to identify them as geocachers.

It was becoming increasingly common until someone pointed out that its also the sign language signal for lesbian.

It was becoming increasingly common until someone pointed out that its also the sign language signal for lesbian.

I watched that ASL video for the "gay" and "lesbian" signs and the "geocacher" sign is not the same. They may look similar in a still photo but ASL is animated and someone that is hearing impared and uses ASL would probably not take it that you are gay.

That's a problem? :unsure:

"NEXT UP ON THE NEWS:

"Hearing-impaired Women of certain alternate persuasion mistaken for geocachers! Film at 11" :)

(My apologies to all women who are of such persuasion who could be offended... being mistaken for a geocacher is a GOOD thing! :unsure: )

Edited by Sparrowhawk

Sorry, can't resist another one:

"Prince Charles makes another failed attempt at making the Geocachers' Hand Sign whilst embasassing his consort."

1_21_camilla_charles_450.jpg

:angry:

(Also note how Camilla is also unsuccessfully trying, but with the other hand)

Edited by davwil