British Museum

Seth!

Greetings from the USA. I am trying to determine what geocaches are near the British Museum. That is one place in London that I am sure to visit. Could someone either post the coordinates for the museum or tell me what geocache is closest to it? Then I can do a 'nearest caches' search. Thanks!

- Seth!

British Musuem is pretty much here N51 29.735 W0 10.580

We where in the area of the Musuem the just before Christmas and did the following in a few hours with nothing more than a Tube Ticket and a massive hangover :) (it was the morning after my companies Christmas Party) :)

David's Autumn Wardrobe

Paddington Dare

Not In The Zoo

Old Father Thames

The London Stone

TechnOLOGY (Central London)

Edited by S&G.Davison

here's a do-it-yourself way to find caches in the UK.

go to The Yellow Pages which is similar to the US's White Pages, and search for whatever the attraction, place, hotel etc that you're going to and its location ie. London. This will (should!) give you back the address with postcode and also links to maps, then simply search on gc.com for this postcode.

This also works really well for UK cachers as well and is actually something me and the mrs M use. If you want to find caches near to a specfic place, search for public house (most villages have a pub if nothing else! :)) located in the village/town where you will be going to ... hey-presto - one postcode! a quick look-up on gc.com and off we go!

This search should give you all the nearby caches to the main entrance of the British Museum. (The Postcode for the search comes from a nearby shop).

British Museum Geocache Search

There are plenty, but most Central London caches are virtuals. I can recomment Old Father Thames - especially if you have ever read any espionage novels. For a real challenge - do it at lunch time on a nice day.

The British Museum is actually here: N51 31.15 W000 7.63333 I recon S&G must have had a big hangover and got the wrong museum :P

I posting in none WG84 format - an old lost map system which was err lost until I posted it ;)

Oh Ok I posted The Natural History Musuem ;)

My Mapsource City Nav 5 gives the enterance as N51 31.112 W0 07.526 - so err like what Chris & Maria said :lol: sorry for the confusion