Bc Geocaching Assoc - Web Site Launch

MrGigabyte

So what's the status of the site? I tried to access through a forum topic reply link and when I hit the close window button I had about a hundred empty windows pop up and lock my computer. When I restart I can go anywhere and do anything until I want until I try to use an email link to bcgeocaching, then it happens again.

What's going on here? Has the site been attacked?

So what's the status of the site? I tried to access through a forum topic reply link and when I hit the close window button I had about a hundred empty windows pop up and lock my computer. When I restart I can go anywhere and do anything until I want until I try to use an email link to bcgeocaching, then it happens again.

What's going on here? Has the site been attacked?

I think its having server problems, probably nothing more sinsister than a bug somewhere.

PS

Sammy J Peppers, 3PM. Coquitlam. Across from IKEA.

This is what I get...

Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator. 

Thats not my pc.

Matter fact its being stopped at the sites firewall.

Tracing route to bcgeocaching.com [209.87.131.46]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.2.1
 2    20 ms    10 ms     *     209.53.1.226
 3    11 ms    10 ms    11 ms  208.181.229.114
 4    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  nwmrbc01dr01.bb.telus.com [154.11.109.2]
 5    12 ms    12 ms    14 ms  209.53.166.121
 6    14 ms    14 ms    23 ms  vs1.imaginet.ca [209.87.131.46]

Trace complete.

Why I have no idea.

Edited by _canadianbacon_

Hmmmmmm.....very interesting. you're right....that's being blocked...but you also mentioned having a ton of windows pop up on you when you were able to go there. And that wasn't happening to me. Maybe you're in an IP range that is attacking the site and they blocked that range.

I'll let the big cheeses answer that one. :o

This is what I get...

Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator. 

On the grounds it says "GATEWAY TIMEOUT", it sounds like you're using a web proxy, and that's what's failing. What do you have set under

TOOLS / INTERNET OPTIONS / CONNECTIONS / LAN SETTINGS.

If you have a proxy set, try disabling it (unclick all the options)

...perhaps it is merely Mr.Gigabytes Sandbox.

Trouble hit, right from the get go. Not even days old yet (to the public anyway) the interim BCGA directors were hit with stuff like this, over and over again.

Patience was returned. And then some more. But it was never enough.

What will ever be enough to satisfy the highs these self seeking entertainment junkies crave? To at least one of them, 'it's just a game', including the forums. (At least, 'it's just a game', until the ball is in their end of the court.)

We've learned now that MarinerBC has quit geocaching altogether because of the heaps of garbage that were thrown upon him, simply for being a BCGA director.

...perhaps it is merely Mr.Gigabytes Sandbox.

Trouble hit, right from the get go. Not even days old yet (to the public anyway) the interim BCGA directors were hit with stuff like this, over and over again.

Patience was returned. And then some more. But it was never enough.

What will ever be enough to satisfy the highs these self seeking entertainment junkies crave? To at least one of them, 'it's just a game', including the forums. (At least, 'it's just a game', until the ball is in their end of the court.)

We've learned now that MarinerBC has quit geocaching altogether because of the heaps of garbage that were thrown upon him, simply for being a BCGA director.

Feeling forlorn, empty and alone? :ph34r: