Delorme Street Atlas 2004

njload

I went to Delorme's web site and looked at the program and it claims you can download waypoints, just was wondering if someone has done it and how it looked. I use GPSBabel now for MS Streets and Trips to download GPX files into push-pins. Its nice to have your laptop with you on cache hunts, and to be able to see all the other cache sites close by.

I was checking the system requirements, is this a lead sled on the laptop? I'm using an old NEC VERSA 6060 I think its a 133MHz. I was thinking about buying this program, but not sure if the old processor can handle it.

Yes...it does have high requirements. I tried to run it on an old laptop that did meet the requirements (although just barely) and it kept freezing up. It worked fine on a new unit, though.

Well, that just about makes up my mind. I'll just stick with MS Streets and Trips, it does the job now with no problems. I just liked some of the other features in the Delorme package. Guess I need to come across a new laptop...................... :)

Hi

Using Street Atlas 2004 and it's great - download waypoints direct from GPSr to a "Draw File" Easiest thing in the world. Also - I use Utopia to convert GPX files for import into Street Atlas 2004. Nice to have a good street program "Street Atlas". You can use it to build routes between waypoints and it helps get you around rather well. It even had me go to the next offramp on a freeway and back on to get to a rest area that has a cache.

BajaLou