My Cache Machine

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite

Take a look at my newest cache container. I'd love to call it a cache machine but I wonder if that wouldn't be too confusing since we all know what is commonly called a cache machine around these parts. Any suggestions for a name for such a cache?

It will be up in a few days, there's some preperation needed to prepare the site.

c704cedd-2337-4bcc-9b1c-9a16b14b05f7.jpg

Cool idea!

I'm going to place it along our driveway. We live on 40 acres. The key to open the container will be about 250 feet away and then you'll have to drive up our driveway part way. It's legs will be buried in concrete and it already weighs about 200 pounds to start with. It will be fairly well concealed from the roadway by some buckbrush but not completly hidden by any means.

The guts have been removed so it's huge inside. There is room to put almost any sized cache item. It won't be a difficult find but it's pretty unique and I figure that counts for something these days.

I had permission to place it in a forest owned by a logging company but I thought hunters and others would probably shoot it to death so the heck with that. Most people around here don't read the forums so it should still be a surprise.

Sheesh suddenly 3 prodigious rogue valley cachers show up within a few minutes of each other.  Good grief, you cheaters.

Not to worry my Lazy friend. First, I'm a Klamath cacher and know you would never confuse me with somebody from the wetside. Second, it's widely know I can't read so your secret is safe with me. As a matter of fact what are these squiggly marks I'm making? Do they have some meaning? :)

Cool idea.

Now I know where I can get my own used ATM.

1) Wait until Basketball season.

2) Wait until a home game.

3) Pack up genset and sawsall on lowslung trailer

4) Park at cache in driveway in blackout mode.

5) Have Red fire up genset as I string out cord and get ready to cut.

6) Fall ATM onto trailer, slap a chain and binder on it, shut down genset.

7) Go like heck for home.

Hey Bufford, wanna help?

I'm thinking what we do is use dynamite to blow the machine open, I know exactly how much to use. Then if Lazyboy should happen to show up we shoot our way out. We'll have him outnumbered so it will be easy.

This life of crime is going to be fun! Ever been to Bolivia? We're going to make a great team.....kinda like, well, you know5130_4200.jpg

Ya never know what someone will place into a cache container.

And something that big would hold a lot of real cool stuff.

Open cans of dogfood.

Roadkill.

Yellow Jacket nest.

Doggy landmines.

Road apples

Pasture patties

How does that thing open anyway? Does it have a hinge on the side, bottom or top?

Let me know when ever your ready.

And I see only one noose. So Bufford, I think I can outrun you if need be.

It swings down as a hinge is on the bottom. I couldn't use the original lock on top so I've replaced it with a hasp and a padlock. I still have a little work left on it but hopefully I"ll have it ready to go today or by tomorrow at the latest. I'll have the key to it a few hundred feet away so it will qualify as a multi stage cache.

It will hold a lot. I'm putting in two plastic boxs filled with junk and the logbook will be inside of a tuperware container of it's own. Things that are moisture proof can be left loose in the ACM. It won't be a difficult cache to find of course but it should prove fun.

I submitted Automated Cache Machine for approval and the link will work as soon as a moderator gets it done. I've placed a pretty unique first finder golden globe and will post photos of it on the cache page as soon as it gets a new home. The finder of this is going to have to pose with the Golden Globe at Pizza next weekend, the 17th.

Now if I chain up the German Shepard to the cache container I think I could rate it 5 stars. The specialized equipment would be a .45 I think. Naw, the wife likes her. It's just 2 stars.

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

--Al Gore, Vice President

Hey Bufford,

Off topic, but in the interest of accuracy...

I think you've wrongly attributed that qoute. I've seen this quote attributed to Dan Quayle and to Bush sr. I believe the correct speaker of this was Bush Sr. But I haven't been able to find a reliable attribution.

However you are the only source I've seen who attributes this qoute to Al Gore.

Try looking here.

The Wit and Wisdom of Dan Quayle

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago."

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."

"The loss of life will be irreplaceable." on the San Francisco earthquake.

"Republicans understand the importance of bandage between a mother and child." a speech on family values.

"It isn't the pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is." At a fund raiser for the United Negro College Fund.

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

i want all of the dirt in this cause i want to hide one!!! PLEASE EMAIL ME

Wow did you dig up an old topic. Its a shame you live so far away... since Lazy quit caching the old Cache Machine has been offered up for free (you haul)

This was a pretty cool cache the old ATM was just the outside shell... all the electronics were remove. The front was padlocked and once you found the key it just folded down and he had a couple tupperware containers inside. The only problem with hauling it away is that I think he set it in a ton of concrete.

I'm going to place it along our driveway. We live on 40 acres.

With it being there, you get to get away with putting it into the ground :D

Note that this thread is four years old. Lazyboy's cache machine has been archived.

Can you see my face, can you see the egg :huh:

Happens all the time, don't worry about it.

I'm still wondering why the person bumping the thread chose this particular one for their pictures, and why one in the Northwest forum when they are from Missouri. And yes, I did spot the cache before scrolling down to the spoiler picture. I'd swear I've found that one already, except I've never cached that far east. I guess there really aren't many new ideas.

Except for the Cache Machine. I still wish I'd of had the chance to see it in action.

Except for the Cache Machine. I still wish I'd of had the chance to see it in action.

I bet Lazyboy would be pretty happy that his cache machine keeps popping up. Last I knew the cache machine was still in place... I bet good money that the logbook and trade items are still inside (and wasp nests... that was a problem)