Acquiring A Geocoin

BoredKitty

Geocoins have a very high risk of becoming permanent members of someones collection. To me they are not worth the extra cost. TB's are more economical. A personal geocoin used to track your caching activity is a better use of geocoins. :)

Edited by Tiwica

I think I've decided against traveling GeoCoins. I'm going to buy some for souvenirs only. I currently have three TBs right now. One has gone missing as the cache it was in was stolen. Another is floating around in Washington state and is traveling nicely. The third is in the hands of a cacher and has been for over two months. You're right about them being desirable and ending up in a collection. -BK

I'm not trying to argue or be sarcastic, but I'm confused. Most of you expect the geocoins to become part of someone's collection? Aren't these trackable coins exactly like TBs in every way except for the form? Would you track them on the gc webpage same as a TB? If so, I would consider taking a geocoin and adding it to a collection stealing. Certainly if someone took a TB and kept it as part of their collection that would be stealing. So maybe I could use some more explanation of what the purpose of the coins is.

The problem is that the coin doesn't look like a travel bug. There is absolutely no way I would expect a random geocacher to know it's a travel bug. The look a LOT more like a sig item than they look like a TB.

So far I've been leaving them in the original bag in caches or given them away to friends who geocache.