Stuck In The Middle Of Nowhere

I was recently thinking on the risks we sometimes take when trying to reach a cache, it might involve climbing a mountain, or moving through some fallen trees or even a drop down the cliff to reach the beach. All of which can be dangerous if we don't watch ourselves and prepare for emergencies. Then I also thought if an accident did occure we may be a long way from a road,thus an ambulance would be unable to reach us. Therefore we must appreciate the work of the local Air Ambulance Services we all have and that ius why my newest cache Callsign Anglia One has been set up to support the work of East Anglian Air Ambulance. There will be a TB to accompany this cache which I hope will raise £10,000 towards the running costs of Anglia One. Please support this cause because you may need it one day.

Yes, I noticed all those 'From the log book' finds, too. I assumed it was someone playing silly b******s and expected to see them all deleted. Stuey's probably right, though, that it's G & J updating from the log books, as it's only their caches that have been logged. Seeing the date I wonder if it was a New Year's resolution. :D What a job, indeed! :(

Looks like Gary and Jane have been busy revisiting their caches and logging all the "missing" notes on here. What a job!

Cheers guys.

Stuey :(

Hi Guys,

I have heard fropm Gary and Jane and this is in fact what they are doing. They are visiting all their caches in turn, recording the logs that have not been put on loine and rectifyign this fact.

They have explained this here,

Hi Guys,

I have heard fropm Gary and Jane and this is in fact what they are doing. They are visiting all their caches in turn, recording the logs that have not been put on loine and rectifyign this fact.

They have explained this here,

Super idea! Might do that ourselves! :(

Might do them as notes instead tho ...

:D

I have heard fropm Gary and Jane and this is in fact what they are doing. They are visiting all their caches in turn, recording the logs that have not been put on loine and rectifyign this fact

Is it legal to put other cachers comments written in the cache log book "on line" if the cacher has choosen not to do this themselves. Is there an understanding what ever is writrn in log book can be put into the public domain?

Or have we misunderstood the post?

Is it legal to put other cachers comments written in the cache log book "on line" if the cacher has choosen not to do this themselves. Is there an understanding what ever is writrn in log book can be put into the public domain?

I wondered how long it would take for something like this to come up :)

Stu

Edited by stu_and_sarah

Going back to the original theme - reading the original entry brough a smile to my face. Here's a story about dangerous geocaching:

During a recent trip to Canada, I dragged a GPS owning but Geocache virgin out on an expedition. We found ourselves at a deserted lake-side campsite in deepest Alberta. Only 1/2 mile to the cache! The woodland was very dense and, off the paths - getting hard to penetrate and traverse.

After a short distance, I found my companion dragging his heels a bit. He explained that he was feelling uncomfortable. A pain? a twisted ankle? what? No he replied - the bears! I had forgotten all the warnings and was merrily charging on as if I was in deepest Epping Forest.

We kicked that one, and some others like it, into touch. Quadbikes and big guns are the norm for caching out there - as a sheepish couple of urban Brits later found out. Canadian wilds geocaching difficulty factors do not take Bears into account..... so watch it if you fancy rooting about in the woods of Canada.

Or have we misunderstood the post?

The easiest answer to this is to put a disclaimer in the front of your logbooks stating that comments written in the book may be displayed online at some later date, and that writing in the book will be regarded as acceptance of those terms

I make all my old logbooks available as PDFs on the relevant cache page.

MCL:

Putting your logbook into a PDF is a brilliant idea! I remembered doing your "How to Hug a Lake" a while back, so went back to your cache page and found the PDF, and sure enough, there was my scrawl in the logbook!

It might be a pain, but after you have gone to the trouble of making that PDF, maybe you should email the finders. I had no idea until I saw this post from you.