Name My Caching Dog

You any where near Deming? Or between there and here? I inherited some land down there and have been meaning to visit.

I think I talked to you about that before. If you want to place a cache on your property, I'll be your local maintenance person if you want.

Hey, if you want to place a cache on my property, I'll be your local maintenence person....if I can have a sax smurf! B)

EDIT: Dang, I'm Norm again! ;)

Edited by Sparky-Watts
You any where near Deming? Or between there and here? I inherited some land down there and have been meaning to visit.

I think I talked to you about that before. If you want to place a cache on your property, I'll be your local maintenance person if you want.

Could be, my memory is going faster than my hair, sorry.

I have this theory that the reason my hair is turning grey is that all the brian cells are migrating. ;)

BTW How long are you going to keep this thread alive, didn't you pick a name? Not that I mind.

Could be, my memory is going faster than my hair, sorry.

I have this theory that the reason my hair is turning grey is that all the brian cells are migrating. B)

BTW How long are you going to keep this thread alive, didn't you pick a name? Not that I mind.

Yeah, by the time you close this thread, your caching dog, Sparky, will be a year old....that's seven to you and me..... ;)

I prefer to leave threads open unless it becomes a forum war. When this topic has run its course, it will fade away on its own. After 5 pages, there have been no attacks made and quite a good discussion has taken place. Closing this thread would serve no purpose except to make me open another one.

I prefer to leave threads open unless it becomes a forum war. When this topic has run its course, it will fade away on its own. After 5 pages, there have been no attacks made and quite a good discussion has taken place. Closing this thread would serve no purpose except to make me open another one.

LOOK YOU MOTHE...SON O... ARRRGGGHHHH :D

I am done now.

So how is Bob...er Geody doing? Had any word lately?

Sparky is doing fine. We have told our relatives what we have decided to name her, so they can start teaching her to respond to it. She'll know her name by the time we get her on President's Day.

That's nice. I called them this morning, too, and told them her middle name is Bob. I hollered "Sparky" over the phone, and she barked a nice reply to me. We've bonded already! :D

Sparky is doing fine. We have told our relatives what we have decided to name her, so they can start teaching her to respond to it. She'll know her name by the time we get her on President's Day.

That's nice. I called them this morning, too, and told them her middle name is Bob. I hollered "Sparky" over the phone, and she barked a nice reply to me. We've bonded already! :tongue:

Geody Bob Saxman?

Well, we finally did it; we bought a dog. After our goecaching dog CHI was hit by a car in NY, four months later we have a new puppy. We are still thinking of a name. Cha Chi was close, but I told the family that was lame. We have done many searches but can't find the right name for him.

chachi.jpg

Any suggestions out there?

D

My dog respondes to; Rufus, Stupid, Luise, Hey You, Wherestheball, Goforawalk, Goforaride, Wannacookie, Scoobysnack. And a few others I can't remember. What makes you think the pup will ignore Bob or Sparky? Pablovian training? B)

An example of Pablov conditioning, Rufus starts doing the happy dance as soon as he sees the GPS. :D

I have two dogs and both are named rusty. So that is a good dog name. And they are both rust colored.

Wow that is original. My dog is light tan but we didn't name her "Light Tan". Bob, now thats a powerful dog name. I would suggest Ugly Puppy™ but it is trademarked.

LOL I am just kidding about Rusty as a name...it's a great name for a beaver.

I have two dogs and both are named rusty. So that is a good dog name. And they are both rust colored.

Wow that is original. My dog is light tan but we didn't name her "Light Tan". Bob, now thats a powerful dog name. I would suggest Ugly Puppy™ but it is trademarked.

His full name is Brandy's Rusty Stub. His mothers name was Brandy's Snowhite and his fathers name was Stubby Temperment. He is orange and white and has a stubby docked tail that is a rusty orange kind of color.

His full name is Brandy's Rusty Stub. His mothers name was Brandy's Snowhite and his fathers name was Stubby Temperment. He is orange and white and has a stubby docked tail that is a rusty orange kind of color.

If you had a Dalmatian would you name it spot?

Fred sounds good for a cat name, better then fluffy. But Bob is a dog name. You can't use a good powerful sounding name like Bob on a cat as it is a waste because cats don't comewhen you call them as well as dogs do. And usually you just say "Kitty-kitty-kitty-kitty" etc. to call a cat. I had a friend who had an English Mastiff named Larry. That seemed fitting.

I had a friend named Matt but I don't think that makes as good a dog name as Bob or Larry. As I am not a cat owner I can't make a comment about cats being named Matt but it seems silly to name your cat Matt other then the fact that the name rymes with cat.

Paco is a good dog name..though Bob is better.

Edited by ChrisCindy

Years ago I got my father in law a hunting dog that the peoples kids had named Sweetheart, I told him he should keep the name so when he was out hunting he could keep hollerin "Here Sweetheart, Here Sweetheart"! :D Needless to say he called her Buffy, but my mother in law and I would call her both cause she really was a sweetheart! I like alot of the names that were suggested, let us know what you choose. B)

Reminds me of the story about the couple that named their dog "Sex". It got out one night and they ran around the town yelling "Sex". Finally got stopped in an alley by a cop at 2:30am. He asked what they were doing out here this late at night, and they replied that they were looking for "Sex". Their court case comes up next week. :D

Well, we finally did it; we bought a dog. After our goecaching dog CHI was hit by a car in NY, four months later we have a new puppy. We are still thinking of a name. Cha Chi was close, but I told the family that was lame. We have done many searches but can't find the right name for him.

<image link snipped>

Your picture file gives me a security warning. Looks like you didn't upload it or link to it properly.

Well, we finally did it; we bought a dog.  After our goecaching dog CHI was hit by a car in NY, four months later we have a new puppy.  We are still thinking of a name.  Cha Chi was close, but I told the family that was lame.  We have done many searches but can't find the right name for him. 

<image link snipped>

Your picture file gives me a security warning. Looks like you didn't upload it or link to it properly.

Yup.....upinyachit's posts always tend to spring up my firewall warning page........

I still like Hunter. Your dog looks like a Ralph to me Duane. Whatever you choose are you going to make him wear that frilly clown thing around his neck? Dogs hate that you know, very embarassing. Some of them are ok with bandanas, but only if they are comfortable with their sexuality. If you make him wear the frizzy clown as a pup, DO NOT attempt the bandana latter. He could snap, triggering a shooting spree from a clock tower. Hey, how about Trigger? :D

Yup.....upinyachit's posts always tend to spring up my firewall warning page........

Sometimes I have a hard time and make supid mistakes, but for the most part , I can look up caches and log finds. I am a carpenter who builds houses, so give me a break, would ya?

Anyways the name Hunter is kinda cool, but the family decided to go with "JAKE". Jake is a big pain in the a** right now, but with patience, time, and a lot of caching, it will pay off.

I still like Hunter. Your dog looks like a Ralph to me Duane. Whatever you choose are you going to make him wear that frilly clown thing around his neck? Dogs hate that you know, very embarassing. Some of them are ok with bandanas, but only if they are comfortable with their sexuality. If you make him wear the frizzy clown as a pup, DO NOT attempt the bandana latter. He could snap, triggering a shooting spree from a clock tower. Hey, how about Trigger? 

What makes you think I would put a frilly clown thing around my dog's neck?

Yadda yadda yadda.........LOL :unsure:

D