Name My Caching Dog

Well seriously, Bob, I think you should name it what ever you want, Bob. I think Tensil is a good, Bob, name but you have to spell it TNSL, Bob.

Oh, and lets not rule out Bob at this point as I think that would be a very hasty decision and one that you could come to regret in the future...Bob.

TNSL Bobber is not going to work.

51240_5800.jpg

Now that page three is here (Norm?), Vote on TNSL, Trinket, and Geody. Other names will not be considered, sorry Bob! :)

When she is 80 pounds of bounding, cache finding energy will Trinket still fit her?

Then there is the spelling problem, you give a kid, er uh pup a weird spelling on a normal name (Geody, TNSL) and she will spend her whole life having her name misspelled and mispronounced. There is gonna be mass confusion at the vets and at school. The other pups are gonna tease her. She will develop a complex and a fear of social situations. She will grow to resent her 'adoptive parents' and run away to find her true mom that you TOOK her from. She will end up on the street, turning tricks. Next thing you know she is in a clock tower with a high powered rifle picking off cachers and screaming "GEODY, hahaha isn't THAT cute?!?!?!" BANG! BANG!

All because you wouldn't name her Sparky. ;);):lol:

When she is 80 pounds of bounding, cache finding energy will Trinket still fit her?

Then there is the spelling problem, you give a kid, er uh pup a weird spelling on a normal name (Geody, TNSL) and she will spend her whole life having her name misspelled and mispronounced. There is gonna be mass confusion at the vets and at school. The other pups are gonna tease her. She will develop a complex and a fear of social situations. She will grow to resent her 'adoptive parents' and run away to find her true mom that you TOOK her from. She will end up on the street, turning tricks. Next thing you know she is in a clock tower with a high powered rifle picking off cachers and screaming "GEODY, hahaha isn't THAT cute?!?!?!" BANG! BANG!

All because you wouldn't name her Sparky. ;);):P

I look at it this way, it would probably be the only dog with the name of Tinsel with this spelling (TNSL). :lol:

Give the pup a knife and it will all take care of itself. :lol:

hahahaha! :lol:

No worries, we're used to having to spell our own names to people, it wouldn't change anything by being creavtive with the dog's name.

Honestly, why do I always get the teacher/boss/etc who has trouble spelling 'Bob'?

I vote for Geody, no self respecting dog would want to be called Trinket and TNSL sounds like a TV show.

I gotta agree here. Tinsel and Trinket are really no better than "Precious". Just imagine yourself out in the neighborhood, or out in the woods yelling any of the three names at the top of your lungs...........Geody, right? ;)

How about Stash?

I can just see this on a quick trip down south;

Border patrol: License and registration please.

Mrs SaxMan: Omagod we left stash at the reststop!!!!

Border Patrol: Please step out of the car.

Mr SaxMan: No wait she's talking about the dog.

Border Patrol:(drawing pistola) Sir please step out of the car!

51240_5600.jpg

We're getting a Golden Retriever puppy next month, but we need to name her now. We are at a loss for names so we'd like input from the caching community. She's the darker-colored dog in the picture (the one on the right).

Hurry, before the kids choose 'precious'! (I refuse to go hunting with a dog named 'precious', If Gollum gets a dog, he can name her precious) ;)

For some reason CacheSucker stands out :lol:

Herrrrre CacheSucker

I got a friend who's name is cache...ok its really cash....but its his real name.

I got a friend whose name is Sparky....oh, wait, that's me. Well, how about naming the pooch "Sparky"? ;)

Look they have already said they were not going to name it Sparky. So make a choice between the 3 given choices which are:

TNSL-Tinsel

Geody-Jodi

Bob-Bob

I got a friend who's name is cache...ok its really cash....but its his real name.

I got a friend whose name is Sparky....oh, wait, that's me. Well, how about naming the pooch "Sparky"? ;)

Look they have already said they were not going to name it Sparky. So make a choice between the 3 given choices which are:

TNSL-Tinsel

Geody-Jodi

Bob-Bob

Oh, I thought it was between Tinsel, Bob, and Sparky......In that case, I vote for Sparky.

Hmmmm......depends which side of the fence you are on........how about: Stasher or Searcher?

Sorry, Spoo....he's already narrowed it down to two: Sparky or Bob. Since Bob isn't a girl's name, then the obvious choice is the ambi-sextrous Sparky.

If you spelled Bob backwards it becomes a girls name... see boB.

Hmmmm......depends which side of the fence you are on........how about: Stasher or Searcher?

Sorry, Spoo....he's already narrowed it down to two: Sparky or Bob. Since Bob isn't a girl's name, then the obvious choice is the ambi-sextrous Sparky.

If you spelled Bob backwards it becomes a girls name... see boB.

Yeah, but that would only work if the dog was hearing-dyslexic.

Spelling Sparky backwards would have seriously dead-on results, though: Ykraps (pronounced I-craps)

Just spoted this great subject I guess a little late.

I would have suggested SHELBY

She looks fast and is a good looking puppy just like any shelby out there on the road.

Shelby sounds nice and is easy to yell when needed.

Shelby would most likly be the first onto the trail.

Shelby would be most liked by others

Shelby gets better with age

Shelby is just a great dogs name.

Ok I am a little crazy about shelbys as I an geocaching

So how about shelby tinsel cacher?

Just spoted this great subject I guess a little late.

I would have suggested SHELBY

She looks fast and is a good looking puppy just like any shelby out there on the road.

Shelby sounds nice and is easy to yell when needed.

Shelby would most likly be the first onto the trail.

Shelby would be most liked by others

Shelby gets better with age

Shelby is just a great dogs name.

Ok I am a little crazy about shelbys as I an geocaching

So how about shelby tinsel cacher?

Ehhhh, I live in Shelby county and it just sounds like some other rich fat politician name to me. Not that I am deciding or anything but he did ask our opinions. Shelby is a good dog name though and nice cars.