Name My Caching Dog

51240_5600.jpg

We're getting a Golden Retriever puppy next month, but we need to name her now. We are at a loss for names so we'd like input from the caching community. She's the darker-colored dog in the picture (the one on the right).

Hurry, before the kids choose 'precious'! (I refuse to go hunting with a dog named 'precious', If Gollum gets a dog, he can name her precious) :huh:

51240_5600.jpg

We're getting a Golden Retriever puppy next month, but we need to name her now. We are at a loss for names so we'd like input from the caching community. She's the darker-colored dog in the picture (the one on the right).

Hurry, before the kids choose 'precious'! (I refuse to go hunting with a dog named 'precious', If Gollum gets a dog, he can name her precious) :huh:

Lucky you... Golden Retrievers are the best!

How bout' Cachew? (cashew) :D

Aren't cashews kind of golden colored?

ok..ok...I'll keep thinking... :D

~foxgloves~

I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that! :D:D

Besides, what makes you think that I don't have a dog (or two)?

Two Shepherds: Hagan and Na Hoa

Ok smurfy, how about 'Compass'?

Cacher

Logger (as in log a cache, or Lager as in beer coloured dog and post cache ritual)

Geo

Boxer (as in seeking/finding the box)

Trinket (that one was for the kids as a "Precious" compromise. :huh:

Stash

Hidey (as in hide the cache - and as opposed to Heidi) Also works with a second dog named Seek.

Ok...I've exhausted my "off the top of my head" names. I'll try to do better next time.

I love seeing unique names for dogs and cats at work. It is great when there is a story to go with a cool name.

Now this is my kind of topic, ok here are my suggestions:

Cito (for Cache in Trash out)

Tuppie / Tupper (for tupperware container)

Navi (for Navigate)

Hunter

Datum

I'll keep thinking... :huh: By the way, she is adorable, CONGRATS! *If you need any puppy advice, just ask!

Edited by CacheCreatures

Hurry, before the kids choose 'precious'!

This is one of my few serious posts. My user name is in honor of my dog who died just before I joined this place.

I suggest Whoopie, as in Whoopie Goldcache. There are several reasons: it's the first name I thought of on seeing your photo, she's the darker of the two, when you find a cache or she does...you can yell Whoopie!!, etc. Naming a retriever Precious, is in my opinion, cause for death by mauling, justified mauling. :huh:

I'm surprised the mods haven't suggested smurf boy yet.

Peronally I'd go with "I found the cache hunny"

It'lll really drive the mrs crazy... probably hard to fit on a dog tag though

If I ever get a dog I'll name it something thats only a bunch of clicks and whistles... and then take it to seaworld... I better to go to bed

Well, with any 'hunting' dog, it's best to keep the name short, one or two syllibals(sp?), that you can really yell. That way you can get their attention when they get too fixated on the scent/hunt. For a cacheing dog? Well..... :huh:

What's her personality like? That's how my family has always named our dogs. For example, my first golden always sat at attention from day one, all regal like, so we named him Royal. The next one was a light colored ruffin', so he was Burlap (same color as the sack) etc.

I thought that Honi might be a good one - sort of a combo of Hunny and short for Hunter.

I don't have any other ideas, by she sure is cute. A real darling. Hey! How 'bout Darlin' ?

I'm new to geocaching by just a few months but I have had several dogs in our family. Our lifelong pet growing up was Watoosie, an Australian Shepherd. He was an awesome dog. Our 2nd brother, er pet, was Tyrone. He was named this because he was a coon hound who always had his nose in the air. My brother, (the real one) thought he looked like a snooty tycoon. This quickly evolved into Tyrone.

I personally vote for... Foundit. It may seem wierd now, but after awhile it will be his/her name. I have always liked unusual names.

:huh:

Just think about explaining your dog's name if it was, say waypoint:

Stranger: Aww, she's so cute. What's her name

You: Waypoint

Stranger: What?

You: Waypoint. You know, like on a GPSr when you set a waypoint?

Stranger: No... :(

There, you must either explain GPS technology and perhaps geocaching, or leave it awkward like that. I vote that you name her Ivy, after Poison Ivy. Just don't tell people . :D