You Know You're Addicted To Geocaching When...

You know how many steps are in one thousandth of a minute,

Your car's glove box has emergency flashlights, and emergency pogs.

You've ordered crap from Oriental Trading Co.

You've left office sticky notes at a cache because you went during lunch and didn't have any suitable trade items.

Lbh pna ernq rapelcgrq grkg anghenyyl.

Blind Avocado....

I HATE business trips... and I'll do anything to make them better... BTW you're boss also knows this (ahhh... maybe not the geocaching part) .. so let's just keep this a secret, K'ay?

Hey Red....

Go anyway!!

(edited: to add the bit about geocaching)

And... anyway I've been in far too many hotel rooms without anything to do.... MAAANN!, why didn't we come up with this sort of thing to do in the 70's.?!?!?!

:lol:

Edited by davwil

You're addicted to geocaching when you're waiting for your class to start, and you have 2 hours to wait until said class starts, and you have internet access, but your GPS is 150 miles away in another state ;) and you toy with the idea of running over to walmart and purchasing a garmin to find a few caches during the 2 hour wait period, and then RETURN the GPS like you never used it... :bad:

- When you pick your kid up from their friends and the first thing they say is, "We are not stopping on the way home to do a cache!”

- When you agree to go on a business trip because it's to a place you have not cached yet.

- When you slow down by any wooded areas to see if they are privately owned or not.

- When your NEW favorite color is army green.

B)

When you save over 100 ovaltene, sucrets, altoids, and film containers and cover them all with differant color duct tape to make them blend in and you fill them all with toys you bought from walmart and you dont know when or if you will live long enought to place them all.(like me)

When you have the local wal-mart, army surplus store, the tupperware aisle of the supermrket, and the nearby home depo locations stored in your gps

Edited by Team ClandestinePenguin

You know your addicted when you go away for a night for your anniversary without the kids and pick a location that is dense with caches that you haven't done. (not me but thats where a family member of mine is tonight) He's making it really hard for me to catch up with him.

You know your addicted when you care about having more founds than another family member even though he's been at it for 2 years.

Okay, I'm a newbie, but I think I may be addicted...I called my wife from work in the middle of the day and told her to, "Grab the GPS and put in these coordinates that I'm about to email you!" because a cache popped up as 'New' on my search list that was about 20 miles away and I wanted her to get an FTF! Well, she was going out anyway...

When you go into Home Depot and see a clearance shelf and scan every object to see if it could be used for anything to do with geocaching!

HAHAHA...Did that at walmart last night!!!

I did that at Target today. Walked out with 4 caribeaners, some hand warmers and a keychain thermometer.

When you go into Home Depot and see a clearance shelf and scan every object to see if it could be used for anything to do with geocaching!

I did that at Target today. Walked out with 4 caribeaners, some hand warmers and a keychain thermometer.

"walked out?" i hope you paid for them first. :D:lol:

"walked out?" i hope you paid for them first. :lol::D

*giggle* .... yes, I paid for them. Not paying for them would have interfeared with my cache time as I don't think any are hidden on jail house property :D

You're addicted to geocaching when you're waiting for your class to start, and you have 2 hours to wait until said class starts, and you have internet access, but your GPS is 150 miles away in another state :lol: and you toy with the idea of running over to walmart and purchasing a garmin to find a few caches during the 2 hour wait period, and then RETURN the GPS like you never used it... :D

WOW....THATS BAD

You know you're adicted to geocaching when your three year old daughter walks around the store with a piece of paper in her hand and, while looking at it, points down the aisle at each intersection and says, "We need to go this way..."

Yeah, she's come along with me a few times in the woods. :lol:

Guess I won't have to go to Chick-Fil-A to get her a toy GPS of her own if a piece of paper works just as well.

S-4-C

You Know You're Addicted To Geocaching When...

the decision of caching is made not on IF it's raining but how expensive your current footware was. ;)

your 12 year old daughter gives the coords of her friends house instead of their address. :lol:

your wife insists on a "tick check" everytime you enter the house. :o

your neighbors ask for creative hints for hiding their extra keys to their houses. :lol:

you know the exact direction of the gold trail in your nearby park. :o

you have more personal geocoin albums than photograph albums. :rolleyes:

you know the diameter of a 35mm canister. :o

-HHH

When you sign a settlement agreement/business letter with your goecaching name.....

When every pile of sticks/rocks/hole in a tree you see, you think, "I bet there is a cache in there" or "that would be a great place for a cache"/

When you see somene pull up to an area that you know has a cache and you think, "I wonder what their geocaching name is?"

When you ask your geo-buddy (Melcrim, I am referring to you!) where is such-and-such town and they answer you by telling you what caches are nearby...

- you use your cell phone to call your brother and his first thing he says to you is: "What? You're having trouble finding a cache and need me to look up the hint?"

- you use your cell phone to call your wife and his first thing she says to you is: "What? You're having trouble finding a cache and need me to look up the hint?"

- you use your cell phone to call your kid and his first thing he says to you is: "What? You're having trouble finding a cache and need me to look up the hint?"

-- You come home late, your wife asks where you’ve been, you say “with my mistress” and she says “Don’t lie to me … You’ve been out caching again.”

-- You encourage your kid to join the high school wrestling team, which has morning practice at 6:00 a.m. ... so you can be assured of being up and out early enough to get FTF on caches published overnight.

When you look for other people searching for caches you have already found.

When you are late for work because you wanted just one more for the day.

When your work truck is 75 feet long 14 feet high and only 4 inches above the ground , loaded with 10 new cars and you are still trying to find a cache with parking.

When your work truck is 75 feet long 14 feet high and only 4 inches above the ground , loaded with 10 new cars and you are still trying to find a cache with parking.

wouldn't that be kinda hard to get down some very narrow roads? any of them cars got GPS's installed?

when you've considered having your car as a Travel Bug (which i've done, check my profile)

when your considering getting a personalized LP for the TB numbers.

when you decide to pimp out your cachemobile (would have liked to add a pic, if i knew how)

When your sitting here reading these forums instead of going out to the store to pick up essential items your out of in the household...such a T.P. ...toothpaste...coffee...food the the dog and cats...oh yeah...food for ourselves... :D I better get a move it... :)

Your business card is a wooden nickel.

You are fluent in ROT-13 encryption.

You are willing to stick your arm into a hole in a tree up to your shoulder, despite having no idea what is inside.

You have bought any product and dumped the contents into the trash just to obtain the container.

You have considered hiring a helicopter to defeat a level 5 terrain cache.

Interventions have become so frequent, you leave the folding chairs set up.

As a grown adult, you eat happy meals just to get the McToy for trading.

Garmin sends you a Christmas card.

You would not back down from a fistfight if winning meant you were FTF.

-- Your bag of caching supplies includes a tube tent, freeze dried food and requires the services of a sherpa.

-- Your family asks where you'd like to go for breakfast on Father's Day and you pick one based on its proximity to caches you'd like to find so you can take them off your DNF list.

-- While waiting to be seated at said restaurant, you grab one of said caches.

-- Your real silly contributions to this forum are all just the recitation of real events.