You Know You're Addicted To Geocaching When...

You are addicted when everything seems to be an annoyance that gets in the way of Geo caching.

you are also addicted when you leave extra early for meetings and family visits just so you have time to stop and Geo cache.

You are also addicted when you go with 50 band students to Florida and can't wait to check out the caches instead of the amusement parks rides.

I did this!! I was one of the 50 students... had to take my GPS... logged three that week. Great fun!

You know you're addicted when:

-even your horse knows when you're going geocaching because you have a GPS mount for your saddle!

-you name your GPS (mine are Lola and Martha)

-everyone you know saves old tupperware/margaine/PB/pill containers for you.

-you have so many unplaced caches your housekeeper refuses to clean your "caching room"

-you have a "caching room"

Hey! Why is Bob microwaving food in that geocache?

You walk around looking at every cache placement spot and wish that the caches could be placed a little bit closer together so that you might have room for that one(out of 50) really good hiding places and use that certain container that would go soooo good there.

True story.

When you wish that if they were hidden by you in your neighborhood, they could be just a little closer together.

True story for that one also. Thank goodness that last one isn't allowed though. :D:):P

More often than not, you have brambles and bits of branches in your hair and on your coat without realizing it. You walk into your local store and people say "where have they been?!!!" :P

AND you see other people walking a certain way in the park and just know that they are fellow geocachers! - medford123

You are addicted when everything seems to be an annoyance that gets in the way of Geo caching.

you are also addicted when you leave extra early for meetings and family visits just so you have time to stop and Geo cache.

You are also addicted when you go with 50 band students to Florida and can't wait to check out the caches instead of the amusement parks rides.

I did this!! I was one of the 50 students... had to take my GPS... logged three that week. Great fun!

You know you're addicted when:

-even your horse knows when you're going geocaching because you have a GPS mount for your saddle!

-you name your GPS (mine are Lola and Martha)

-everyone you know saves old tupperware/margaine/PB/pill containers for you.

-you have so many unplaced caches your housekeeper refuses to clean your "caching room"

-you have a "caching room"

I named my GPS The Beagle. Ala Charles Darwin's ship. Hehe. My girlfriend just calls it Cachy.

You always carry a pencil, just in case you happen to be near one of the 100 caches you have memorised, but not yet retrieved.

You carry a mechanical pencil, cos it always works and it writes in the rain.

Rain is no excuse for not caching. In fact, there will be less muggles around, so it's probably a great time for caching.

After 10 caches, you ordered a personalised stamp with your caching name and avatar.

You carry this wherever you go, just in case.

People know you by your caching name, and wonder who "Wendy" is.

At a local event, you have a name tag with your caching name.

Your name tag is your personalised stamp, laminated and pin-mounted.

You carry zip lock bags in case a cache needs re-packing.

You carry a pencil / personalised stamp in a zip-lock bag.

You know plastic zip-lock bags are meant for keeping swag dry. Apparently some people use them for food. Apparently. As I understand it.

You know your dollar store employees by name.

Your dollar store employees know you by your caching name.

Your dollar store employees now know your real name cos they've read it on your credit card.

You have bought enough swag in a dollar store in one visit to actually warrant using a credit card.

When signing the credit card slip, you had to ask for a pen, cos you only carry a pencil, and they won't accept your personalised stamp as a signature.

You skip breakfast to run out at 0-dark-thirty to get a new cache before work.

You come home late because you had to stop off for that new cache after work.

You come back to work dirty and smelly, because you went after that new cach instead of eating lunch.

While driving to work, or church, or the store, you are looking for the next spot to place a cache.

i'm guilty of all of these... some caches that i've left early for, came home late for, left work for.... are just new to me.

my son and i are constantly looking at spots in contemplation of putting our first cache out. :D

* You swim 1.06 miles one way in a Lake for a FTF on an Island in January in the Pacific Northwest.

* You Rent a Waverunner evertime a cache comes out on an island just to get the FTF (5 Times)

* You get 1271 Caches in a Day

* You have a caching streak that is over 1020+ days

* You have 1380+ FTFs, and over 10,900 finds in less then 3 years of Caching.

Ok that's about it.

SS

The cause of your depression is lack of fresh caches.

You find your GPSr before you find your keys when heading out the door.

You do everything you can do to encourage others to join the game then grumble when they beat you to all the FTFs.

You don't mind a two hour layover at ORD because you can seek out the virtual there.