You Know You're Addicted To Geocaching When...

When you sit down in restaurant and check your mobile device for near by caches before looking at the menu. After ordering, you excuse yourself to go get that cache across the street.

Been there, done it!!

Edited by Y2KOTA

I was up visiting my mom and dad in Sudbury (RayPaul1) and dad told me about a geocaching event there within the past few weeks. He told me about a young girl who I think DEFFINATLY fits the "addicted" label.....

Dad was there as a first aid person not actually caching, and was called to help an "injured cacher"..... dad found this girl laying on her stomach in a field after apparently falling in some thorny bushes.... yup butt full of thorns. Dad tells me he proceded to pull out as many as possible with his tweezers but told her she would have to go to the hospital as he could not get some of them out while she was wearing her pants. I can only immagine my dads face going red and purple with embarrasment as she replies "I dont have anything you havent seen before" and proceeds to pull down her pants so he could continue. Dad tells me he was so embarassed and paranoid that someone would see her with her pants down he kept looking around but noone seemed to notice. Any girl who would rather drop her pants in front of a stranger (first aid worker or not) than miss out on a few caches has to be addicted in my thoughts :rolleyes::anibad::ph34r:

I think this may be the answer?

When you are getting ready to take your wife in for a heart procedure. She says she is getting into the shower at the same time you realize a new cache has been placed across town. You tell her you are going to warm the car up and be right back. You go get the FTF and return home just in time to head to the medical center 1.5 hours away.

By the way it was an LPC and the procedure went very good!

Great day

I think this may be the answer?

When you are getting ready to take your wife in for a heart procedure. She says she is getting into the shower at the same time you realize a new cache has been placed across town. You tell her you are going to warm the car up and be right back. You go get the FTF and return home just in time to head to the medical center 1.5 hours away.

By the way it was an LPC and the procedure went very good!

Great day

That FTF must have been a good omen :rolleyes:

You know you're addicted when you live in a city that has NO GAS currently, and you venture out on your last 1/4 tank to get a few on a Sunday morning, ride back on fumes, and hope you have enough gas left to make it home.

We did this last Sunday morning... no gas in the 20 or so miles we traveled home. Finally found gas later in the day and got it before it was all gone - it's all gone from the stations now :)

I resisted the urge to go back out Monday afternoon (my afternoon off)... I am traveling to FL on business on Friday and plan to get some caching in during that trip - I just hope I have enough gas left to get out of the ATL!

Jenn

I'll start off with:

when you can automatically read & decrypt the hints without using the chart!

...when you see a topic and know it has been done before, find that topic and merge the new topic with the old topic.

Or something like that. :D

LOL :) Now That is funny! I obviously have not spent enough time on here! :D

wait, I think there is a difference here between Geocaching Addict and Geocaching Forum Addict :) or does being a Geocaching Forum Addict qaulify one as an Extreme Geocaching Addict?! :grin:

Oh, TFTMerge :o

Edited by SaltyCacheNutZ
LOL :) Now That is funny! I obviously have not spent enough time on here! :D

wait, I think there is a difference here between Geocaching Addict and Geocaching Forum Addict :) or does being a Geocaching Forum Addict qaulify one as an Extreme Geocaching Addict?! :o

Oh, TFTMerge :o

I can quit any time I want, I'm not addicted. :grin:

(I can hear the murmurs of "sure, right, uh huh") :D

You know you're addicted to Geocaching when....

*You see a commercial for the new "Folgers AromaSeal Canister" and think "Wow, that would make a great cache container!"

*You are considering buying a new car and before you worry about airbags you think....is this a good caching vehicle for a terrian 5?

*A dollar store is exciting.

*You plan your vacation with cache density in mind.

Add to it! How your geocaching addiction enters your daily life in odd way.

I've done all these! I'm scared now.

You skip breakfast to run out at 0-dark-thirty to get a new cache before work.

You come home late because you had to stop off for that new cache after work.

You come back to work dirty and smelly, because you went after that new cach instead of eating lunch.

While driving to work, or church, or the store, you are looking for the next spot to place a cache.

Oh, no I've done all these too!

I found 2 caches on at my workplace at lunch and came back to work with pine needles in my hair.

You know you're addicted when you are on a business trip and take an extra day just for caching... I've done it for the last 2 years and I'm doing it again this weekend! Taking some TBs to get 'em out of this area too - and I'll trade for some to bring back into this area.

I've already done 2 pocket queries... one for the drive down, and one for near our hotel... and we have a 3rd area scoped out to go on our extra day - the others will be done in between the business stuff.

I hate when I'm expected to actually do business while on a business trip - it cuts into my caching time :)

Jenn

That book shelf you where going to build for the wife sits unfinished, but you have 37 new sig item ideas in progress on the workbench.--fits me, muggle wife not to happy!

Wife is gone for the night, and the moon is fully lit, 4 new caches pop up.. off you go for a little FTF night cach, thinking your wife will never know after all you will be home before she gets home.. right? ..nope. she beats you home at midnight wondering where the heck you are! Let the games begin!

I am a chef, so been collecting all our what used to be Trash" the old ketchup, dressing, bottle caps spice containers.. and now co-workers are bringing in their old tupperwares,, basement workbench, is jammed full of cache containers, and swag, cache hide idea are rampant, addicted nope, not me. (Denial..yep)

Since caching.. PC time is now all caching research, before was video game time, stumble it,or youtube time.

Are down with a cold. And can not remember how to operate the PS2, Wii, or x-box, which input, or what X,O,[],^ .. even do. :lol:

Wake up 4 am, just to head into the Dark woods for a small bison, or regular ammo can, stay out till midnight, not an addict, just dedicated. :(

Cachers are not addicts, just a dedicated, committed, and consumed in a hobby that involves some cool Star Wars technology! :lol::(

New here and my first post in the forum.

I knew we were hooked when my wife decided it was fun.

I'm going to try a pic here: But I'm not saying were it was at. It had the best hint I think I ever saw. "It is Safe"

23udawz.jpg

Edited by Earl-R

When you take your GPS to your doctors appointment for a torn ACL, because there is a 1/1 cache near the clinic you haven't logged yet.

Done it! Same injury, due to caching of course. I was on crutches and there was snow on the ground. Also had to hop the snowbank on one foot.

You are at work when you get a new publication notice on your cell phone. Your shift ends in 4 hours and it's 11am. The cache is 10 miles from work. No doubt someone will get that FTF before your shift ends. You actually think about pretending to be sick and ask to go home early. But common sense prevails and you finish your shift.

You go home after your shift, download the gpx file of the new cache, load it on the gps and rush out to look for it. You find the cache and see that the FTF was logged only a half hour after it was published. Maybe you should have left early, hey?

At least you were 3rd to find, so that's a small victory to still have somewhat of a fresh log book to sign.

Happened to me last week.

...when you walk 5 miles to get FTF because no one will drive you there and your car is in the shop.

...when you get DNF on a cache and are in a bad mood for a week.

...when you still say geocaching is awesome after you break your leg while hiking to a cache.

Those are just a few ways. :lol:

You are addicted when everything seems to be an annoyance that gets in the way of Geo caching.

you are also addicted when you leave extra early for meetings and family visits just so you have time to stop and Geo cache.

You are also addicted when you go with 50 band students to Florida and can't wait to check out the caches instead of the amusement parks rides.