Your Greatest Adrenaline Rush

Now we've been geocaching for about a year now and there are just some caches that really got our adrenaline running. Like the first cache we ever found, "The Murals of Chemainus," and the first cache we ever found which contained a travel bug, " Newcastle Views." The cache, "SUMMER SLAM CACHE," also got our adrenaline pumping as it was one of those caches which you really have to spend some time to get to. I haven't even mentioned the cache, "Pen-Tic-Ton surprise," which brought us up to a local hill in penticton that had a spectacular view of the lakes below. So what I want you to do is share the names of some of the caches that gave you an adrenaline rush and why? I'm sure a lot of us will be happy to know the names of some of those great caches! ;)

Edited by The Cache Raiders

I say my greatest adrenaline rush with a cache found would be my first (I've only had one, but I felt really good when this happened)

It was my first find and it also contained a travel bug, I was so happy, that I just like freaked out, but I think that's a really cool experience, and I think it might repeat itself on major milestones, like ten caches, and twenty and a hundred...

The greatest rush that I got from an actual cache experience was almost falling off a slippery limestone cliff retrieving a star (that the evil 9key placed) to score for my team at the Texas Challenge 2003 event. (We won YAY!)

My next greatest rush was when Ranboz completed my Off-road Adventure Cache series in just under 11 hours. (with the unexpected aid of bthomas) I'm still jazzed about that.

I'd have to say the third greatest was actually placing my O.A.C. series.

Sn ;):) gans

Hmmm.. I guess the biggest rush I got from caching was a bunch of months ago I was on a group hunt of a fantastic multi. (I'm going to be purposely vague, because the surprise is part of the cache)

We came to a point where we had to cross a small body of water to get to the next leg. I was about three seconds from stripping down to my drawers and hopping into the drink for a swim. It wasn't that warm out, either... but I would have done it.

(Un)fortunately, someone else in the group came up with a better plan, so none of us had to get wet... but I was raring to go.

Jamie

Mine would probably have to be the "Dash for the Cache" games at Caching Picnic/Gatherings.. The New York Capital Region GeoCachers Picnic had a great dash for the cache, where you had to go for 5 different caches, all were hidden in decon boxes, and had a different artistic hole punch inside you had to punch your card with all 5 different shapes. There was a bunch of groups all racing around trying to find them, and they were all hidden VERY well. I found several with other people right in the general area, but because the boxes are small you can be stealth and hide them back quick. (We won, yay!) Another really cool adrenline rush was the poker run at the NYGO picnic last summer, all the cards had bar codes and you brought them back to be scanned.. I loved that mystery factor. We can't wait for some more geocaching events this spring and summer! Not tradtional caches, but eh.. ;) Nothing like a little competition to get your adrenaline going!

In terms of general caches.. when ever I think I am going to be FTF I tend to be a tad more excited then usual.. The unknown aspect is cool.

This cache was my greatest night hunt rush. You almost have to read the whole page to get the feeling. There are people who admit to turning around as soon as they saw where they had to go for this hunt. Not many have dared to do it at night. Notice that I never went there at night again. It makes my top 5 for thrills.

At least read 4-30 through 5-7.

Sn ;):) gans

7 Utes got my adrenaline up because we did the multi steps and the last caused us to bushwack up a mountain (and cross a stream, easy cross though). My friend Jodi and I separated from my Mom, boyfriend and son for awhile, crossed another stream, and got a little lost too. But if you look at the log posts, Jodi found some beer (sort of) on the diversion! All in all it was the best cache for us ever though!

A couple of caches has given us an adrenaline rush, and the most funny thing is that security guards or police men are involved in 75% of them! ;)

Here is our list:

GCGJ06 - while logging in the middle of the night in an old military facility comes the security guard driving, he goes around us a couple of times and finally stops his car like 100 metres away and are sitting inside the car observing us as we stand at the open trunk of our car, doing something strange.

Mrs Hedberg returns the cache very discrete and we leave the area.. This was our third cache found!

GC7BA5 - The first magnetic cache in Göteborg, located next to the water at the floating maritime museum in the centre of Göteborg. The only problem was the annual Goteborg Party was going on at the area, with a couple of tenthousand people around the cache. Mrs Hedberg took it while there was security guards and police men just a couple of feet away from the cache.. Very smoothly move and they didn't see anything.. But it gave us an adrenaline rush! Our 5th cache.

GCG9AV - This one is located on a cliff next to the highway. The rest of the family stayed in the car driving around the area, while Mr Hedberg climbed up. It is way up the cliff, and you have the cars rushing by below you. I couldn't find a good way down, when I spotted an wire hanging down along the cliff to the ground. I grabbed it and -swisch- it went really fast and my gloves got stuck and I was hanging by my gloves a couple of feets above the ground. The gloves was destroyed and I was dirty as hell and wrecked my jacket also... Starts walking along the highway to a bridge nearby where Mrs Hedberg are going to pick me up, just as I climbs up to the tarmac on the bridge are a police car driving there, they slows down and turn around to come back to me. I have to run up a hill to a road where the wife picked me up...

GCG9AV - this one doesn't include security guards or police men. But look at it and you will understand why it gave me an adrenaline rush... :)

Hmmmm... I recently had this one get my adrenaline pumping, but it wasn't actually the cache.

I now have a caching foe.

LOL that was a great log! My adrenaline pumping experience also included my caching foe!

Faile and I had been working on the "Cemetery Quest" caches, by Headllama, for a couple days. This particular day we managed to find one cache before our nemesis, Ajetpilot, resulting in a FTF. But the next cache on our list, we were surprised to find that he beat us to it!

We jumped in the car and sped off down the freeway to our third cache of the day. Arriving a the parking coords, we were shocked to see some one already preparing to head into the cemetery containing the next cache!!!

As we emerged from the car, the three of us were laughing hysterically and spent the rest of the day caching together.