The Fall And Leaves Falling Makes Caching Hard.

RockyRiver

I hate going after a cache and no one else has been there in awhile and leaves blanket everything. If its a micro cache it makes it that much more difficult.

I'm not tring to sound like a cry baby, but 1 to 2 hours trying to find a cache

after you are at the proper longitude and latitude is a long time to have to look

in my opinion. I have found with Micro caches that sometimes while raking the leaves back you bury the cache itself even deeper. I was trying to find a cache today and was disappointed in myself and the situation after not finding it in an hours time. I will return leaf blower in hand in a week or two. ;)

What a cry baby. :P

Seriously, though, you're right. You can figure the difficulty to get upped a bit during the fall because of the leaves, especially if the cache is a micro and if it's hidden on the ground. if it's not on the ground it gets a lot easier! There's one near here that's in a tree, and you can see it from 500 feet away if you know where to look! :)

Good luck with the cache. ;)

The leaves in the trees make the search more difficult than the leaves on the ground my son. -- solohiker

Preach on!

Here among the redwoods we're definitely more concerned with the leaves on the trees than the ones on the ground.

Give me a clear ski and a pile of leaves anyday!

I hate going after a cache and no one else has been there in awhile and leaves blanket everything. If its a micro cache it makes it that much more difficult.

I'm not tring to sound like a cry baby, but 1 to 2 hours trying to find a cache

after you are at the proper longitude and latitude is a long time to have to look

in my opinion. I have found with Micro caches that sometimes while raking the leaves back you bury the cache itself even deeper. I was trying to find a cache today and was disappointed in myself and the situation after not finding it in an hours time. I will return leaf blower in hand in a week or two. :huh:

I know just how you feel. I spent over an hour looking for a micro, yesterday, in a large rock field completely covered with leaves. I finally gave up looking thinking that I somehow covered it up even more than before I got there. I'll wait and see if someone else finds it, then I'll swoop in and find it as well. :D