It Takes A Licking And Keeps On Ticking!

Ok...this is a bit embarassing to admit. Hey..I think I'll just blame it on Motown Dawg!! Anyhoo...went caching the morning before a big snowstorm hit in Maine. Somehow the GPSr ended up on the ground next to the front door. Then it was buried under a foot of snow. It's whereabouts were unbeknownst to me and so of course a replacement had to be secured. Considered an upgrade, but decided to stick with what I know. Following the thaw...we found the original unit. It works FINE!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...this is a bit embarassing to admit. Hey..I think I'll just blame it on Motown Dawg!! Anyhoo...went caching the morning before a big snowstorm hit in Maine. Somehow the GPSr ended up on the ground next to the front door. Then it was buried under a foot of snow. It's whereabouts were unbeknownst to me and so of course a replacement had to be secured. Considered an upgrade, but decided to stick with what I know. Following the thaw...we found the original unit. It works FINE!!!!!!!!!!

If you had of been carrying a Magellan you would have been more careful and not dropped it at all....... :wacko::lol:

Glad to hear all was well even if it was a Garmin. <_<

Happy New Year :D

You may want to look at this page: :D

http://www.garmin.com/whatsNew/adventures.html

and add your story

:unsure:

O_O After reading some of the stories there I'm taking this thing with me wherever I go, 'cept underwater because that's murder. B)

But seriously, now I REALLY want a Vista instead of this plain etrex, because I really always wanted an actual GPS with the maps and routes already built in...I think you know what I mean. I do a lot of trips that go to like, all over the world and this etrex really wouldn't help me if I was lost unless I had already set the waypoints, which of course I know I'd forget to do. So great, I just got this one Christmas and now I want a $300 one...this will never work out...

Edited by Odwolda