Any 2004 Cache Finds Yet ??

GOT GPS?

Well, I am working from home today. (sigh)

When I got up, I got my Thursday PQ first thing before logging into work.

I took a quick glance and saw a new cache 15 minutes away. (It was now 7:30 and I had to log in by 8).

I grabbed my new FatBoy, uploaded the waypoint and got dressed (somewhat) and ran out the door without breakfast or brushing my teeth or anything.

It took over an hour to find the cache, got the FTF, and got home and logged in to work just before 10am.

We started the new year with finding our first 4 caches -- all nearby and starting with one we couldn't find last week. After reading the instructions to our GPS, we are much, much better at this . As a novice. though, I have to comment about creepy people around cache-sites -- two of the four we found had questionable characters lurking nearby --- it is very smart to always geo-cache with a companion!

We found 8 today. The weather was nice for January and had started out looking for 5. We found them pretty easily and decided to find a few more. We also had our first first finder this morning that was awesome. All in all another great day caching and a good way to start the new year.

Mopar and I went caching today; we did a lame virtual, a benchmark, one a micro that was in a nice location, one plundered and placed on possibly private property, one in an area that looked like a garbage dump and a do not find in a nice park.

(sigh!) :unsure:

More caching tomorrow . . .

L'Ambiance Plaza Memorial

Benchmark LX3736 (St. Augustine's Cathedral

Captain's Cache

Tanky Tramper's Tenacious Tunxis Task (T5)

"Cola's Cache" at Pine Creek

Warhammer cache by the overhang

Anyhoo . . .

Happy Caching and stuff! :D

I was so bummed. I made up a cache today, and was going to go place it as my first cache ever. I found the place, got everything together, went out to the site, and there were people hanging out there, and from what i could tell, planned to be there for a decent amount of time. Anyways, this weekend will have to do. :unsure:

B) Oh yea. A line has definitly been crossed. Was up before dawn in 30 degree weather. Met up with Fishingfools and drove 45 miles west to find 3 before noon.

Cedarock Park was a quick micro at the park gate.

The Test is a 4/4 micro multi that was put out back in the summer for an event. It has only been found by two others since a gang of very experienced cachers found it that day. It took over two hours.

Apologizing for The Test was a slightly easier micro multi that took about an hour.

Then I was ready to sit/lie on my a** for the rest of the day and watch football.

Hmm... where to go tomorrow after work? :D

Also, my nasty urban micro was found last night by a First Night participant! :unsure:

I found my first cache on Jan 1st, 2004! I don't know the exact time...I think it was around 2 in the afternoon. I picked one close to my house and after some searching, I found it! I signed the log, didn't take anything and left two software titles. I am in Aurora, CO by the way. I am going to find another one close to my house tomorrow morning.

Took my kids (already cachers), a family and another friend out to experience geocaching. The newbies really enjoyed the experience and may soon become official geocachers. We found 5 as a group (with one DNF). I then found three micros within 15 minutes while zipping out to the supermarket to buy more dessert. (My wife always complains that I take too long while runnig errands...)

If I keep up the 8 caches per day rate I will catch CCCCooperAgency in about 18 months--assuming they find no more caches in the meantime!

OzGuff

Found my first of the new year @ 11:30am on January 1, and got back in time to watch WVU get humiliated in the Gator Bowl. It was "Bergoo Treasure" in Webster County, W.Va., after a beautiful drive up the Elk River, on a sunny day with almost all the snow melted. The flyfishermen were out in force, saw a beaver lodge near the cache, and afterwards drove upstream to the source of the river. This place is truly God's country - rugged, clean and natural. Highly recommended area for getting back to nature.