Another Travel Bug Mia

logger&trail

Well it would appear that another travel bug has gone MIA. Mister Wiggly (TB7FA1) Was first launched from Port Overlook in St. Catharines on October 5th 2003 in Port Overlook (GCGJ00). On 10/13/2003 bluecapricorn picked it up. He then placed it in The Green Bubble on 10/25/2003. Since then there have been a few reports of no finds in that cache. If anyone has seen Mister Wiggly or currently has it in their hot little hands can you please put him back in circulation.

32673_300.jpg

Since this seems to be a rising problem, maybe a reminder to all newbies that should you find and take a tagged item please make sure that you log the find and return the item back to a cache rather than keep it. People launching travel bugs have gone to a lot of trouble to put these bugs out. Seeing your TB's disappear especially just after launching them is pretty disheartening.

Maybe we need to start a thread for finding lost travel bugs. Our own version of pictures on a milk carton :blink:

Happy Caching!

Thanks

Logger

Edited by logger&ail

I feel for the person or group that have put out TB to have them go missing. I watched this site for a while before I got into caching, I had a few caches printed off and did nothing with them. Well in Nov after I was caching for a little while I decided to do a cache in my area from a printout I made in early Oct. I left work with my 1-1 1/2 month old paperwork. Found the cache which was a 3.8 km. walk one way. Signed the log and took a patch left something I do not remember right now. Well last night I was going through some of the older logs and I noticed that a TB is reported to be in that same cache. Thinking to myself I should have taken the bug so as to move it along. Thinking even more about it later I emptied the cache while I sorted through and I do not remember a TB in that cache. Guess who is doing a 7.6 km cache tomorrow to settle his mind?

I dropped in on the Green Bubble cache very soon after Mr. Wiggly was reported to be resting there. I think I posted the first "It's Missing" report. Very odd since the cache itself was in OK shape (contents intact and bungee cord strap nice and snug)

Hope your bug turns up!

Take care and happy caching

I dropped in on the Green Bubble cache very soon after Mr. Wiggly was reported to be resting there. I think I posted the first "It's Missing" report. Very odd since the cache itself was in OK shape (contents intact and bungee cord strap nice and snug)

Hope your bug turns up!

Thanks Decodoppler! Yes it is quite a mystery. You were the first one there after the bug was placed in the cache by bluecapricorn. I have tried to email him to make sure he actually placed it in the cache but he has not responded to my email. It seems pretty weird that the bug would go missing but the cache is undisturbed. My guess is it was either never placed in the cache, or someone took the bug before you got there, didnt log the bug or the cache, which doesn't make much sense. Next time I am in Toronto I may drop in on the cache just to read through the log book and see if there are any other entries before yours who may have taken the bug.

Oh well hopefully my next bug will have better luck.

Happy Caching! :)

Logger

Hope your bug turns up!

Thanks Decodoppler! Yes it is quite a mystery. You were the first one there after the bug was placed in the cache by bluecapricorn. I have tried to email him to make sure he actually placed it in the cache but he has not responded to my email. It seems pretty weird that the bug would go missing but the cache is undisturbed. My guess is it was either never placed in the cache, or someone took the bug before you got there, didnt log the bug or the cache, which doesn't make much sense. Next time I am in Toronto I may drop in on the cache just to read through the log book and see if there are any other entries before yours who may have taken the bug.

Oh well hopefully my next bug will have better luck.

Happy Caching! ;)

Logger

Let me know what you find out... Based on the pristine condition of the cache, I suspect that the bug was not placed in the cache. Have ot admit I do not remember looking in the log book, but if I find myself back in the area, I will check it out... anyhow, good luck

It looks like Mister Wiggly has re-appeared in the Green Bubble cache. My guess is he stepped out to visit the nearest Tim's for a hot cup of coffee. Thanks to 50mission for finding my little friend and for helping him out to his next stop, which I understand will be somewhere much warmer than Toronto.

Happy Caching!

Logger & Ail