A Few Questions...

Team Flashncache

Fairly new to the game, and I've got a couple of questions:

Locationless Caches - Most descriptions ask that the Cacher log the cache with a photo of the "find" and the Cacher's hand holding the GPSr. Why the picture of the GPSr? It's not as though you had to use the unit to find the cache, in most cases you just walk/drive around until you find a match. I'm not wanting to start a controversy or make waves, I'm just wondering.

Travelbugs/Geocoins - Let me start by saying that I know how they work! What I have is a question of "form", shall we say. I currently have a TB and a GC in my possesion, but with wintry weather coming on it's becoming more difficult to cache with my team. So, would it be considered bad "form" to re-visit a couple of caches very near my home to drop the bug and coin off and get them back in circulation, or should I strike off on new adventures just to save face (but possibly lose toes)? I ask mainly because I don't want to be considered a cad for sitting on them.

Thanks much,

(Please take it easy on the new guy... :blink: )

Dave of Team Flashncache

I believe the need for the GPSr to be in the photo is to ensure thjat someone is not "cheating" by using old holiday photos or pics from the net. This helps ensure that the finder was actually at the find.

As for revisiting a cache, I believe it is not a problem to revisit a cache to drop-off or retrieve a bug or coin, as long it is not logged as another find. A note should be added to the cache page explaining what you have done.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by kingsmen26
Locationless Caches - Most descriptions ask that the Cacher log the cache with a photo of the "find" and the Cacher's hand holding the GPSr. Why the picture of the GPSr? It's not as though you had to use the unit to find the cache, in most cases you just walk/drive around until you find a match. I'm not wanting to start a controversy or make waves, I'm just wondering.

Since your supposed to record the location of the cache, you shoudl already have the gps with you, so just put in the pic. This also can help deter people from using old photos they may have (yes people can still forge the pic, but having to do that is more work just uploading an old pic)

Travelbugs/Geocoins - Let me start by saying that I know how they work! What I have is a question of "form", shall we say. I currently have a TB and a GC in my possesion, but with wintry weather coming on it's becoming more difficult to cache with my team. So, would it be considered bad "form" to re-visit a couple of caches very near my home to drop the bug and coin off and get them back in circulation, or should I strike off on new adventures just to save face (but possibly lose toes)? I ask mainly because I don't want to be considered a cad for sitting on them.

Revisiting to pick up or drop off travelers is fine. If this were discouraged can you imagine how long it woudl take for a TB to get moved?!