Forum Moderators

Broncoholics

The moderating on these forums just doesn't make sense. None of them seem to be in sync with each other at all. One of them will respond to a comment with a joke, then a few minutes later, another admin. comes along and closes the topic. :bad: I have also noticed that one of the admin, has closed my topics right after a certain person gets the last word. And the thing is, his last word has nothing to do with the topic. His last word consists of putting others down. What is up with that?? :bad: The only thing I can come up with is that the moderators play favorites, but they have learned to do it in a professional manner.

Can we discuss this like adults and not name names and come to some kind of a settlement? Personally, I think these certain members just want the topic closed, period. So what better way to get it closed than to go off topic? I don't think that the topics should be closed, but find a way to keep the ones that make NO SENSE off of the topic they are trying to ruin.

Duane

Upinyachit :blink:

I just want answers to my questions and all I get is rude people and eventually a closure to my thread. There is no theory, as you say. I don't want my threads closed. There are some members that stay with the topic and have valuable things to say.

So you don't make any sense either.

Duane

Upinyachit

:blink:

We have just had a multiple day, four-page thread discussing moderators. I closed the thread after it degenerated to name-calling and off-topic posts. One reason to close a thread is to give everyone a break from discussing that topic. After a cooling off period, a new thread inevitably pops up to take its place, and that is fine, people may have re-thought their perspective or new people may join in the discussion. This month's discussion of virtual caches is different than last months', etc.

But starting a new topic the day after the previous one is closed, on basically the same subject, by the same topic originator? Nope. Give it a rest and go find some caches to celebrate the New Year.