Rock Valley College Geocaching Club

Snipe33

I'm the advisor for the RVC Geocachers and the club has really taken off. The college students love going out and geocaching.

We plan on incorporating other activities into our geocaching like camping and canoeing. We'd also like to do community events like geocaching with Boy Scout groups, CITO events, and breakfast events.

Anyone else have any ideas we could do for activities? Also need ideas for equipment...

We're leaning towards purchasing Rhinos for the club since it will be good to have the FRS/GMRS radioes for safety reasons.

Snipe:

Feel free to come to the WGA's group get togethers. There is a Metro Milwaukee group and a Central WI group. Most people go to both events anyway.

The next (monthly) Central WI is:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=108083

And the next Milwaukee (also monthly) one is:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=111207

Keep an eye on www.wi-geocaching.com for details.

You'll find lots of info and great ideas from lots of nice people like yourself. You and your group are welcome anytime! B) Bring your GPSs, gadgets. etc. Lots of us go caching either during the get together or after the breakfasts.

Tony (WISearchers)

For Snipe33

Hit 4 or 5 of your caches yesterday while logging 24 in the Rockford area. Thanks for placing them. I assume some of the others I logged were by cachers in your organization.

All 24 caches placed since 8/30/03. A great area to cache. Rockford has a great park and FP system. Looked forward to getting back soon for another big day, Still quite a few in the area to do.

maleki