Travel Bug Deadbeats

Bob&TheGang

My TB picture and release will also originate at the mountain top cache. It will not be deemed unworthy by anyone with good taste and spirit.
simply because those people who deem it unworthy obviously have no taste or spirit. In short, you've just insulted (in advance) anyone who doesn't approve of your cache. Good job in making sure that the only people with opinions worth hearing are those people who agree with you.

The point is that I will release all the TB's I find. It is not for you or anyone else to decide how or when I release them as long as it is done in a reasonable amount of time.
Unfortunately, the reasonable amount of time, as defined by the rest of the community, seems to be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month, with 2 weeks on the preferred side. I'm not sure what you define as a reasonable amount of time yet, as you haven't released any. I am curious though. What is a "reasonable amount of time" to you?

I have only been doing this for 2 months and I have gotten so much flak from people because I picked up 16 Tb's in that short time.
From where I'm standing, it looks like you're getting flak not from picking them up, but from not releasing them. Let's try an experiement. Release them all, and start picking up and releasing new ones and we'll see if the people giving you flak quit.

And since I may have misunderstood a few things said in this discussion, please let me point out one thing:

A travel bug is not swag.

-------------

note on trashy bugs: Travel bugs are sometimes made out of "geotrash" in an effort to keep people FROM keeping them as swag. Something too nice to part with, doesn't get parted with, and that's not the purpose of the TB.

Edited by bons

lets just agree to disagree. can't we all just get along? besides, you should use your criticism for something like politics. you sound like you would be a great republican. maybe you could be on the spin control team. I'm just trying to play the game along with everybody else. I'm sorry I'm not adhering to YOUR rules. Hey- that previous line might make a good quote. Hint, Hint. C'mon Sparky lighten up- spring is just around the corner.

OK- you are all right and I am an a**. I'm going to release all the cheesy bugs today and hold onto 3 or 4 of them to take to the mountain top. I humbly request forgiveness. Today is Sunday. right?

There ya go. And remember, it's usually the new cachers who don't move them on. They get excited, grab a couple and then just stop and what do they care if they still have a bug.

I've lost two of my bugs to cachers who've only cached for a couple of months.

Release them all unless you're going to that mountain top within the next week or so.

On the subject of travel bugs

Human nature is filled with idiosyncracies and the way these bugs move (or don't move) is such a dead-on reflection of the unpredictability of life. If your TB takes a detour from your planned route or agenda, why not appreciate the unexpected and maybe even learn something new. It's called serendipity.

Some of the best things in life happen because people stop trying to control every little detail and things happen without interference. Look for the bigger picture, there really is one!

Hayseed 40 :unsure:

Yeah- what she said!

Unfortunately, the reasonable amount of time, as defined by the rest of the community, seems to be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month, with 2 weeks on the preferred side. I'm not sure what you define as a reasonable amount of time yet, as you haven't released any. I am curious though. What is a "reasonable amount of time" to you?

In answer to this quote: The longest I've held onto any of the TB's is 3 weeks. So that means I'm well within the limits of holding TB's for release. I'm adhering to those rules. If I don't- then chastise me. Don't be a hypocrite!

lets just agree to disagree. can't we all just get along? besides, you should use your criticism for something like politics. you sound like you would be a great republican. maybe you could be on the spin control team. I'm just trying to play the game along with everybody else. I'm sorry I'm not adhering to YOUR rules. Hey- that previous line might make a good quote. Hint, Hint. C'mon Sparky lighten up- spring is just around the corner.

Hey, you asked for opinions....you got them, but didn't like them.....lighten up yourself. And tell Hayseed 40 to stop with the emails....I don't really care to know how "hot" you are when you are riled up.... :unsure: