Cache, That Can Only Be Found By A Team

emzett

Hi,

I want to hide a traditional cache, that can only be found be a team. I.e. the tasks to get to the final location should require at least two persons.

Do you have any unusual ideas what kind of tasks I could use for my cache? It should be a challenge for the team.

Thanks for your help !

Markus

There is a popular multi-cache in my area where one of the stages requires the seeker to walk down a path until two visible landmarks 'line-up.' For example, when a telephone pole and a large tower in the distance become within the same line-of-sight for you as you walk down a path, that is the (somewhat) exact point at which you start looking in the bushes near the path for the cache. To apply this concept to a team-effort thing, you could make one of the team members be one of the landmarks. Instruct the team to have one member stand at a given set of coordinates while another member walks down a specific path until the stationary team member is along the same line-of-sight as is some specific landmark in the distance. You could also not use any pre-existing landmarks, and instead use two people for the markers, giving two sets of coordinates--one for each person. Keep in mind, though, the accuracy of GPS. Using the described method will not provide as accurate a search area as the two-existing-landmark method does. I hope this all made sense and good luck!

After reading your question I came across another idea that I thought could be modified for a team.

Follow this link:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=31492

If you had a pipe set up with a floating cache at the bottom where water had to be poured in to get the cache to float to the top you could modify it for a team by drilling holes in the pipe. Other team members would have to cover the holes with their hands while someone poured the water in.

I always fancied setting a cache across a river where you can see it from the wrong side of the river, but have absolutely no chance of telling where it is from the correct side. One person would have to stand where they can see it and direct the other person to retrieve it. I'm not sure how it could be hidden this way... maybe on a ledge and you have to 'fish' for it?

Of course, the nearest bridge would be at least a mile away.

Cheers,

Stu

Edited by stu_and_sarah