Forum Trouble Makers!!!!!

Broncoholics

I have come to the conclusion  that some people think OUR username and avatar puts us on a troublemaker list.

no, son, your actions put you on the trouble maker list.

This forum post is right up there with your other bright posts such as, were not freeloaders and dont pick on us. i think if you have to come in here weekly to protest and refute some perceived slight against you; you should probably step back and try to reason why. If you can't, pitty.

what gets me is why so many of us bother to play into your posting trap. these threads are nonsense; a waste of time. Coming into the forums and pounding your chest and telling us how you are so put upon is becoming annoying and played out. you need to find a new angle to get your attention.

db

Edited by dboggny
Personally I think any one who has more Posts on the Fourms than Caches Logged should Complain less and Cache more

Well, I have over 100 more finds then you, yet I've somehow managed to rack up a fair number of posts, and I type painfully slow. Where do I fit in?

...But some of us are tired of seeing the same people complain that their silly virt cache was not approved (for instance).  Instead of letting it die, we get to hear it (err see it) constantly...

Whoah there,

I always see new people complain about their virtual not being apporved. Gotta love the newbies who keep bumping into the 'same old' problem for the first time.

Of course then it's a free for all as wordmongers on both sides of the virtual issue jump on the fresh horse and beat it to death yet again.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I just wanted to say that if there is a "list" then I sure haven't gotten my copy of it. If another moderator writes down a list of names for people he or she keeps track of, fine, if that helps in doing the job. But there is no formal list.

To the contrary, I am on the record in several threads as discouraging people from putting together such a list publicly in a forum thread. I just don't see that as a proper forum topic.

I just wanted to say that if there is a "list" then I sure haven't gotten my copy of it. If another moderator writes down a list of names for people he or she keeps track of, fine, if that helps in doing the job. But there is no formal list.

To the contrary, I am on the record in several threads as discouraging people from putting together such a list publicly in a forum thread. I just don't see that as a proper forum topic.

You must not have sent in your $15.95!

Act now and receive a FREE Aluminin Foil Beanie Protector with each purchase.

Time is limited...

Visa and Mastercard accepted.

Operators are standing by....

I just wanted to say that if there is a "list" then I sure haven't gotten my copy of it.  If another moderator writes down a list of names for people he or she keeps track of, fine, if that helps in doing the job.  But there is no formal list. 

To the contrary, I am on the record in several threads as discouraging people from putting together such a list publicly in a forum thread.  I just don't see that as a proper forum topic.

You must not have sent in your $15.95!

Act now and receive a FREE Aluminin Foil Beanie Protector with each purchase.

Time is limited...

Visa and Mastercard accepted.

Operators are standing by....

Anyone who would put an aluminum foil party hat on a *BLEEP* has got to be a troublemaker! :unsure:

I have come to the conclusion that some people think OUR username and avatar puts us on a troublemaker list. So I want to clearly state that we are not troublemakers. I have been told by a certain person that we have our work cut out for us because of our name. I am not trying to bark up the wrong tree, but I don't want our name on this list. I know the administrators have labled certain people.

Also, if you feel like you are on this list, maybe you can give a simple reason or excuse as to why you think you have been labled. It will be interesting to see who thinks they are. You will have to use common sense so the TOPIC will not get closed.

Duane

Upinyachit

:unsure:

With 40% on my warn meter I definitely think I'm on a list, of some sort at least!

I promised a certain moderator I'd behave for a certain period of time, and as promised I'm behaving. :D But I'm STILL on the LIST, I'm sure! :D

What he said...

In my country we have on dec, 5-th a special day: birthday of 'Sinterklaas'.

(and yes, it was this figure that was hyjacked, kidnapped, brainwashed, sanitised, disney-ised and reformed to the brainless jolly X-Mas man for Anglo-Saxons.)

Small children until the age of 6 believe in this person. On the 5 of december (and some days before) he visits schools and houses. And now it comes:

he has a book where all is written down about the good and bad things every child has done the last year. And when you have been a bad child then maybe he takes you away in his big bag to Spain. And when you were less bad then his servants will use corporeal punishment.

But in the end: all kids are of good will and get presents, sweets etc.

Some people doubt the educational value of the existence of such a knowing superfather/supervisor person for children. But then some grownups also doubt the value of believing in the existence of all knowing father doing some bookkeeping - about the good and bad things grownups do - for later reckoning.

And yes somehow I also have some categorization going on in my head. If I come to this forum and look at the talk of the day, I have no trouble finding the usual suspects or the dissident sheep or the troublemakers. It works in the same was as in nature for me: I know many kind of flies and when I see s.hit-flies then the attracting excrement (from horse, lion, zebra, gnu etc.) is very easy for me to find.

Edit: typing s*** gives different characters. I have to type s.hit to keep my text from being interferred with.

Edited by Prof. Y. Lupardi
In my country we have on dec, 5-th a special day: birthday of 'Sinterklaas'.

(and yes, it was this figure that was hyjacked, kidnapped, brainwashed, sanitised, disney-ised and reformed to the brainless jolly X-Mas man for Anglo-Saxons.)

Small children until the age of 6 believe in this person. On the 5 of december (and some days before) he visits schools and houses. And now it comes:

he has a book where all is written down about the good and bad things every child has done the last year. And when you have been a bad child then maybe he takes you away in his big bag to Spain. And when you were less bad then his servants will use corporeal punishment.

But in the end: all kids are of good will and get presents, sweets etc.

Some people doubt the educational value of the existence of such a knowing superfather/supervisor person for children. But then some grownups also doubt the value of believing in the existence of all knowing father doing some bookkeeping - about the good and bad things grownups do - for later reckoning.

And yes somehow I also have some categorization going on in my head. If I come to this forum and look at the talk of the day, I have no trouble finding the usual suspects or the dissident sheep or the troublemakers. It works in the same was as in nature for me: I know many kind of flies and when I see s.hit-flies then the attracting excrement (from horse, lion, zebra, gnu etc.) is very easy for me to find.

Edit: typing s*** gives different characters. I have to type s.hit to keep my text from being interferred with.

My Mother in law is Dutch and Sinterklaas has been taught to my boy. We haven't sanitised him. We even included Black Peter and the WHip.

I just wanted to say that if there is a "list" then I sure haven't gotten my copy of it.  If another moderator writes down a list of names for people he or she keeps track of, fine, if that helps in doing the job.  But there is no formal list. 

To the contrary, I am on the record in several threads as discouraging people from putting together such a list publicly in a forum thread.  I just don't see that as a proper forum topic.

What he said...

Hey pal. Watch those one liners. Some think it's rude! :unsure:

Uh... you said "Keep busting heads and not back down..."

Oh sorry, I see what you mean.

I think I was looking at the response as a response to my other option. In my mind I meant them as two different set of possibilities. The first being one and the words "back down" as a continuation of the phrase "busting heads".

Looking at the post with your taking the phrase out to stand alone it became clear I did not do a good job in stating what I meant. Or I may have really misunderstood at which part the response was directed.

Either way, that confusion was my fault and for that I appologize.

But I still stand behind the point I was trying to make, however inept my effort may have been.

What he said...

Almost as rude as posting in big red letters!! :D:D

What he said...

Almost as rude as posting in big red letters!! :D:D

Sorry!!!!!! :D

My quote:
I received a pm from an administrator that there is a list. That is what prompted my post.  I was just curious as to if any one thinks they are on it also

Breaktrack? With Quotes like the ones below, I think you are just trying to push our buttons.

I find this simply a way to stir up trouble, ironically enough. This statement was made and expected to be believed with no evidence posted to support the statement. Others who have tried to do the same thing have been dinged for it by many of the individuals I see posting in here, but in this case it's not being done.

What admin told you this? What was the context of the list? Was it just something that particular admin does, or is this supposed list being contributed to by all admins, or some clique? What does this list have to do with Geocaching in general or anything else for that matter? 

I have the evidence that an admin. pm and told me about a list. If this admin. wants to step up to the plate, then do so. I just don't think it's a great idea to start naming names. ;)

Duane

Upinyachit

I'm sorry, but I'm just not good enough at this to get my point across. I intended to express the feeling that anyone can make any statement, anywhere, anytime, and have no proof whatsoever to back it up. I am not saying this is the case in this instance, I'm saying it COULD be. I have no way of knowing if you really got an e-mail from an admin saying there was a list. You may very well have!

I just don't think it's relevant to what we are doing here. Someone else expressed an idea about reputation. We all have a reputation here based on what people know of us. If all they know is what we post, that's where our rep comes from. If they know your posts, and look at your cache find logs, they know you in that way as well. If they've met you at cache events they know you another way. So if you are on a "list" because of your repuation in the forums, there's not much anyone can do about that, but you.

Bringing it in here and then to be unwilling to give any concrete facts is intellectually dishonest. It is just stirring up trouble. All this is said purely as my opinion, it counts for NADA!! It's not even serious, as I am usually just posting to have fun, not to create controversy. But I calls em as I see em.

By the way, I hope I AM on a list..... I love that sort of thing....heheheheh. It means someone is spending WAAAAAAYYYY too much time worrying about what I have to say..... "I" don't even worry about what I have to say that much....

;):blink::mad::(B)

I have a question for you ddoggny?

My last post was at 5:27

You did a post at 7:35 and had this to say

on second thought. you're not even worth my energy except to say, nice hat.

then you did another post about an hour and a half later at 8:52 and had this to say

This forum post is right up there with your other bright posts such as, were not freeloaders and dont pick on us. i think if you have to come in here weekly to protest and refute some perceived slight against you; you should probably step back and try to reason why. If you can't, pitty.

what gets me is why so many of us bother to play into your posting trap. these threads are nonsense; a waste of time. Coming into the forums and pounding your chest and telling us how you are so put upon is becoming annoying and played out. you need to find a new angle to get your attention.

Why didn't you express your feelings in your first post? Better yet, post where it's appropriate. That just doesn't make sense to me. ;) Or maybe it kinda does; YOU like coming to the forums and causing the mellodrama. :( Posting trap? A waste of time? Pounding my chest? This happens to be an interesting topic and the ones who thought so, responded. Your response has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC. I would appreciate if you would keep on the subject. If not, your response is worth beans to me. :blink:

One more thing........I am not your son. :mad:

Duane

What he said...

Hey pal. Watch those one liners. Some think it's rude! ;)

Almost as rude as posting in big red letters!! :(:mad:

Sorry!!!!!! ;)

Lighten up Francis! :blink:

Guess who's on my list now... oh, yeah... we don't need no stinkin' list! B)

My last post was at 5:27

You did a post at 7:35 and had this to say

then you did another post about an hour and a half later at 8:52 and had this to say

Why didn't you express your feelings in your first post? Better yet, post where it's appropriate. That just doesn't make sense to me. ;) Or maybe it kinda does; YOU like coming to the forums and causing the mellodrama. :( Posting trap? A waste of time? Pounding my chest? This happens to be an interesting topic and the ones who thought so, responded. Your response has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC. I would appreciate if you would keep on the subject. If not, your response is worth beans to me. :blink:

One more thing........I am not your son. :mad:

Duane

QUOTE (Scout Master @ Dec 28 2003, 11:38 AM)

Personally I think any one who has more Posts on the Fourms than Caches Logged should Complain less and Cache more

Errr....I think you were mistaken at whom the first post was made to....

HE was responding to Scout Master....

What he said...

Maybe you two are on the list of "Do Not Send List" to.... ;)

....Why didn't you express your feelings in your first post?  Better yet, post where it's appropriate.  That just doesn't make sense to me. ;) Or maybe it kinda does; YOU  like coming to the forums and causing the mellodrama. :(  Posting trap?  A waste of time?  Pounding my chest?    This happens to be an interesting topic and the ones who thought so, responded.  Your response has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC.  I would appreciate if you would keep on the subject.  If not, your response is worth beans to me.  :blink: 

One more thing........I am not your son. :mad:...

I swear Mr. Chit, it's always about you isn't it! What about the rest of us dammit!

Edited by Renegade Knight
They came in here and used justifiable force to get things in order, then backed off.

This week has been different because it is Christmas. People's schedules are different and they travel, so many regulars aren't here. With fewer people online, the mods haven't had as much to read or lock down. Just wait until mid-January, things will be back to normal and we'll be complaining about the mods again. :blink:

(This is only a prediction based upon past events and is not intended to be an attack on the moderators)

Don't forget that some of The Usual Suspects are currently banned for a period of time. ;)

Gorak

Geo 16B 105 34

I can say that the moderators have eased up considerably since my first warning.

Profanity is clearly against the rules, yet I see it posted often. I wish the rules were enforced uniformly. I don't think profanity belongs in the forum.

Edited by solohiker
I'm ummm.....

Do you have any documentation to support this claim? I've been searching for the "great um". Everytime I hear 'um', he quickly disappears amongst his buddies "you know" and "I mean". ;)

I am Umm, son of Errr, ruler of all Vocalized Pauses. Behold my indecision! :blink:

Yes Sparky me vocal hesitation was deliberate...I hate getting into flame wars...so I hesitate.

That is my point...........ddoggny was talking about Scout Master. Then in his next post , he had nothing nice to say about me............Beans?????

Duane

Upinyachit

My reply to you is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...get over it...

I'm ummm.....

Do you have any documentation to support this claim? I've been searching for the "great um". Everytime I hear 'um', he quickly disappears amongst his buddies "you know" and "I mean". ;)

I am Umm, son of Errr, ruler of all Vocalized Pauses. Behold my indecision! :blink:

Yes Sparky me vocal hesitation was deliberate...I hate getting into flame wars...so I hesitate.

That is my point...........ddoggny was talking about Scout Master. Then in his next post , he had nothing nice to say about me............Beans?????

Duane

Upinyachit

My reply to you is AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...get over it...

Huh? Did you think I was being mean to you? I wasn't, I was responding to the quote in my post, which responded to a previous post by me in which I uttered (typed) a vocalized pause because I just didn't know what to say.

I hope you realize that I'm not mocking you or in any way trying to offend you, because I sincerely wasn't.

If I misunderstood your post, then, ummmmmm........nevermind! :mad:

this thread should be closed. as has been done in the past, the member who started this thread posted a self absorbed diatribe about how, once again, he is so put upon by the geocaching community. this thread, neither in the begining or now has anything to do with geocaching nor does it add anything to the geocaching community at large. This has not been the first time that this member has posted such topics to the forums. perhaps its time that the moderators utalized their "moderating" ability and done something about it.

danny

Edited by dboggny