Australian Forum

Leek

But wouldn't it be better to have a one location for the Aussie's? People will probally find these forums first as it's part of the main site where everyone has to go.

Due to the low traffic in these forums they will get the wrong impression of the community of geocachers here in Aus. :lol:

But wouldn't it be better to have a one location for the Aussie's? People will probally find these forums first as it's part of the main site where everyone has to go.

Due to the low traffic in these forums they will get the wrong impression of the community of geocachers here in Aus. :lol:

As a reviewer for geocaching.com I only come here out of need, I go to where the volume of my "customers" are, which is the Local Aussie Forums as listed in the link supplied by Leek. Ideally yes one place would be the preferred option, but since our geocaching scene varies in a number of significant areas to the rest of the world, it is better to air our "dirty laundry" in a more private forum. And anyway I do know from the other reviewers worldwide, that there are many local forums out there that run independantly of this site. Should they also just belong to one forum?

I know of aussies that frequent this forum and the other parts of it and don't visit the "local aussie forums", that is their choice.

We have two local aussie forums, one is on Yahoo and that has an even lower volume of traffic than here. People will go where they feel comfortable.

Stumbled on here and trying to find a forum to exchange some thoughts. Is it here or where is it?

It depends. If you want to discuss specifics on your particular GPSr this is probably the best site; if you want to discuss geocaching Down Under then geocaching.com.au is the spot for you. I would give both sites a try to see which best fits your needs -- it may be that both do.

Since I am an ex-pat Aussie living in the US I spend most of my time browsing the geocaching.com site, but since I have relatives who are active cachers in Australia I also keep an eye on the forums at geocaching.com.au.

Best of luck! And welcome to the activity/hobby/sport/obsession that is geocaching!! :P

Hi Stuey,

What problem did you get when registering for the .com.au forum? I'm not aware of any issues and there are over 500 registered members, so something must be working. Let me know if I can help.

Leek

Hi Leek,

I was getting an error about non-activation I think? Then again, I've just reregistered, and it didn't say that my username was already in use, so I must have cocked it up when I first tried to register :D

Thanks for your help,

I don't mind signing up for endless things (most of the time anyway :ph34r: ) but I am completely unable to register for the abovementioned forum :D I keep getting the same message about the email being unresolved or whatever. I have tried using two different email addys but with no luck. Any ideas anybody?

Hi OzGuff, fancy seeing you in this forum.... what with you being a record breaking UK cacher and all that :(.

I tried registering for the Aussie forums, but it didn't work. I wonder how many other people have tried and failed? Ah well... my TB "Back from Down Under" is on it's way at last, so hopefully it doesn't matter anyway.

MEGA bump!!!

My TB has just got "Back from Down Under" for the second time, and in between times it got back from Los Angeles too! 77,000 miles and counting.