How Grab Cache Images To Pda?

robotman

Is there any way to grab a set of unfound cache page descriptions with their images into a PDA?

I'm currently using spinner and then plucker to my Tungsten T3. This works great unless their are some images that are needed to find the cache. Is there a way to grab the actual web cache descriptions (and their images) to the PDA?

Thanks.

I can't figure out how to set up plucker to grab a set of unfound caches.

The problem is that when you do a filtered search, the pages are generated by scripts on the Geocaching server. Unless I'm missing something, there's no URL I can plug into plucker to let it spider down.

Is anyone using Plucker to grab cache pages? If so, what URL do you enter to get a list of your unfound caches?!

Thanks.

First of all, since I see you are a Premium Member, I think Pocket Queries are defininitely the way to go for maximum flexibility. You really can't beat the option of Pocket Queries, though I know sometimes you may just want a short list and many not want to bother editing or setting up a new query.

If you don't want to do that, I think what you want to do is still possible, though not formatted as nicely. When I click on my nearest unfound caches (filtered), I get a list with a URL that should work. I haven't actually tried it with caches, but I sometimes do it for benchmarks since they aren't yet available in a PQ.

I have my home coords set as my point of origin, so the URL I get looks like this:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?origin_lat=39.91175&origin_long=-77.552283&f=1

If you substitute you own coords, I'm pretty sure Plucker will handle it. Remember to set it for three links deep. 1 for the list itself, 2 for the cache pages, and 3 for any images you may need to have included. Also remember the checkbox on the Plucker "Images" tab.

*edited post to undo truncated URL

Edited by gnbrotz