Top 10 Lists

Keith Watson

I am going to start compiling Top 10 Lists ala David Letterman style. Please send me your suggestions and I will post the compiled list. I hope to have one list per week.

The first topic will be “Worst Excuses For Not Finding A Cache”. Send me your suggestions for the list and suggestions for new list topics.

Not to be curmudgeonly about it, but where are you going to put these lists? If you're going to post them to the forums, have you considered trying to determine whether there's some demand for them?

Gimmee a break ! If there had to be a "demand" for stuff to be posted, then there'd be a small fraction of the posts currently displayed here.

Go for it, Top Ten lists rule.

Do you want these to be actual reasons left, or humorous, made up lame excuses ?

My wifes mall rat sister supplies me with these ..........

Its too hot out here

Its too cold

Its too humid

The mud smells funny here

I'm wearing the wrong shoes ( 2" thick soles on open heel clogs, AFTER I told her we're going caching.

Kaufmans has a sale

Penny's has a sale

theres a store SOMEWHERE within a 60 mile radius, and they MIGHT have a sale

I'll let you summarize this for Top Ten list brevity.

My favorite DNF was a new cachers first hide. I saw the new listing and went to look for the cache but couldn't find it anywhere. I did find one good hiding spot but it was empty so I got home and posted my DNF. 3 others posted DNF's over a few day span. As it turned out, the cache page went active faster than the cache owner thought it would and they hadn't gotten out to actually hide the container.

Don't close the thread! You also asked for suggested top 10's:

Top 10 reasons to go caching:

10. Seahawks really awful today... decided to get off the couch and knock a cache off my closest-to list...

Concerning best excuses, I wanted to log this once (but never actually did): "I went searching after work in my suit & tie, but had no idea there would be so much seagull mess on this dock."