Whats Your Best Excuse?

Cache description said "light bushwacking". Light compared to the rain forests of Central America or Southeast Asia maybe. I forgot my machete and and the vines were the kind from little shop of horrors. The kind that you find aged human remains ensnared in. I'd already walked a mile, plus walked around the perimeter looking for some semblance of a trail, and I was still .25 from ground zero. And I was on easy side according to the topo map. I'd need 2000 gallons of Roundup or a jungle penetrator and a helicopter to get in there. Hey maybe that's how they got the cache placed. Dropped it in from above!! Told myself, "This is a dead of winter cache". I gave up and went back to the truck, popped a beer and shook my head. Hey!! Maybe that explains what happened to those guys in the Park Weirdo thread!!

Sorry, there's no excuse for a DNF!

Get your butt back out there and look again. It's there. It has to be. If you can't find it you weren't looking long enough. Just because it's getting dark/raining/snowing/hailing that no excuse to QUIT! Someobdy went through the trouble to hide that cache - you better find it mister!

</Rant>

The only DNF I've posted where the cache was NOT missing was due to the cache being behind a thick patch of Poison Oak (which must not have been there when the cache was placed). Having recently (at the time) fought and lost a battle with P.O. I called the search off.

What's a GPS? :D

A GPS unit is a electronic device that can determine your approximate location (within around 6-20 feet) on the planet. Coordinates are normally given in Longitude and Latitude. You can use the unit to navigate from your current location to another location. Some units have their own maps, built-in electronic compasses, voice navigation, depending on the complexity of the device.

You don't need to know all the technical mumbo jumbo about GPS units to play Geocaching. All you need to do is be able to enter what is called a "waypoint" where the geocache is hidden. We're working on a section to help you set up your own GPS unit to play. In the meantime, feel free to ask questions in our online forums.

:):P:D

Sorry, there's no excuse for a DNF!

Get your butt back out there and look again. It's there. It has to be. If you can't find it you weren't looking long enough. Just because it's getting dark/raining/snowing/hailing that no excuse to QUIT! Someobdy went through the trouble to hide that cache - you better find it mister!

</Rant>

The only DNF I've posted where the cache was NOT missing was due to the cache being behind a thick patch of Poison Oak (which must not have been there when the cache was placed). Having recently (at the time) fought and lost a battle with P.O. I called the search off.

That's no excuse....

Carry a bottle of Roundup in you Geopak and apply it to the poison ivy and wait for it to die...

It should only take a day or two...

Real geocachers don't log DNFs remember?! :D

Ionospheric transduction through a shear vortex in the Heaviside layer.

That one won't fly since most GPS units use Nyquist quadrature frequency shift keying to enhance spectral efficiency.

Bzzzt! You're confusing a phase space with a Kolyvagin space. QFSK will experience vortex fragmentation in a Kolyvagin space, due to quantum chromodynamic effects. Einstein didn't know everything -- get with the times.

Besides which, the woods were all dark and spooky and I thought I heard something behind the tree.

Edited by Team Og Rof A Klaw

This was my log on Geowyz's "Bring Me a Shrubbery" (Pythonesque) cache:

Sir Snoogans hast failed on his first outing. Thy honorable knight did leaveth the shrubbery back at his castle, yon these many leagues distant. In his haste to start the quest, he hast shameth himself and the noble knights of the local geocaching round table.

He parketh his trusty steed in the correct location and went to retrieveth his magic grail finder device from his mount's travel chest. His equipment was there, but alas, NO SHRUBBERY!!! Sir Snoogans let loose with a mighty DOH! and did travel sullenly to the electronic apothicary where he did purchaseth some DVD's for solace.

HARK! Sir Snoogans shall ride into battle with the vile creatures very soon. (as long as the weather isn't too icky)

Sir Sn ;):D gans of Camelyard

This was my log on Geowyz's "Bring Me a Shrubbery" (Pythonesque) cache:

Sir Snoogans hast failed on his first outing. Thy honorable knight did leaveth the shrubbery back at his castle, yon these many leagues distant. In his haste to start the quest, he hast shameth himself and the noble knights of the local geocaching round table.

He parketh his trusty steed in the correct location and went to retrieveth his magic grail finder device from his mount's travel chest. His equipment was there, but alas, NO SHRUBBERY!!! Sir Snoogans let loose with a mighty DOH! and did travel sullenly to the electronic apothicary where he did purchaseth some DVD's for solace.

HARK! Sir Snoogans shall ride into battle with the vile creatures very soon. (as long as the weather isn't too icky)

Sir Sn :D;) gans of Camelyard

OMG!!!!!! ROFLSHINPMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh.....Ohhhhhhhhh.....I think I broke a rib laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!