The Most Influential Poster Of The Year.

El Diablo

O.k I think we have heard from all who wish to post publically. If you have already made your choice here in the thread, then it's recorded.

Everyone who has not posted here with a choice can email me your vote. You have from now until tomorrow night at 10pm December 24th.

If you send me more than 1 email your vote will be voided. If you send me an email and you have already posted your choice here, your vote will be voided.

I'll announce the winner Christmas night.

El Diablo

edited for the following. I'm locking the thread before it gets anymore off topic and the moderators do it for me.

Edited by El Diablo

If it's a tie between Brian and Criminal, I think the award should go to the one who is capable of independent thought.

Slavish adherence to the party line, no matter how well phrased, is not, to my mind, deserving of the title. And constantly looking down your nose at the majority of other cachers should be a disqualifier.

Thus, it's gotta be Criminal.

Edited by fizzymagic
Question now is do we re-vote or come up with another tie breaker?

Suggestions?

El Diablo

Given the excellent writing abilities of these two....Essay!!!

Don't make the topic too narrow though. I would really like to see what these two can come up with.

Sn :D:mad: gans

I like it! They both make for interesting reading. so what for a topic?

El Diablo

Geeze, I'm fence sitting again. I guess even with the simplest things it is my personality! Trust me that when I do have a clear opinion that I state it! Anyway, I can't decide how to vote between Criminal and Briansnat. Both are influential in different ways and I appreciate both of them. I honestly think it is a fair tie and leave it at that.

Geeze, I'm fence sitting again. I guess even with the simplest things it is my personality!  Trust me that when I do have a clear opinion that I state it! Anyway, I can't decide how to vote between Criminal and Briansnat. Both are influential in different ways and I appreciate both of them. I honestly think it is a fair tie and leave it at that.

That is probably the simplest way. Both received the majority of the votes...they even voted for each other. Both are great contributers to the forums.

I see no reason why we can't have co-winners. Since it is my contest, I get to set the rules...even if I do make them up as I go along.

Congratulations to both Briansnat and Criminal!

El Diablo

Edited by El Diablo
Geeze, I'm fence sitting again. I guess even with the simplest things it is my personality!  Trust me that when I do have a clear opinion that I state it! Anyway, I can't decide how to vote between Criminal and Briansnat. Both are influential in different ways and I appreciate both of them. I honestly think it is a fair tie and leave it at that.

That is probably the simplest way. Both received the majority of the votes...they even voted for each other. Both are great contributers to the forums.

I see no reason why we can't have co-winners. Since it is my contest, I get to set the rules...even if I do make them up as I go along.

Congratulations to both Briansnat and Criminal!

El Diablo

OK Bbbbbbbut, which sold his hair to get the other a watch chain & which sold their watch to buy the other some decorative combs for his hair? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............???

Sn :mad::D gans

Edited by Snoogans
I'll need another day to think about it. I think we need more categories.

Most Influential my nominees would be:

Criminal

BrianSnat

El Diablo

RenegadeKnight

Most entertaining:

JoeFrog

TeamGPSaxaphone

Snoogans

BrianSnat (again)

Most Diplomatic:

ElDiablo

carleenp

Doc-Dean

I think this list is the one I'd go with; and the order is just about perfect too :mad:

Influence : Origin

1,the supposed flowing of ethereal fluid or powers from the Stars,thought by astrologers to affect the characters and actions of peoples.

Jeremy, BigKid,You

influence implies the power of persons or things(whether or not exerted consciously or overtly) to affect others [he owed his position to influence]

DaveD, Brainsnat,Happycycler,You

authority implies the power to command acceptance,belief,obedience,etc.,based on strength of character,expertness of knowledge,etc.[a statement made in good authority]

Seneca, Kawenah and Shark,You

prestige

implies the power to command esteem or admiration,based on brilliance of acheivement or outstanding superiority

The rest of us up and coming Geocachers in these forums

weight

implies influence that is more or less pre-ponderant in its effect.

I know there are many that I am forgetting because everyone here has contributed in their own SPECIAL way's.

Happy.......................................................Geotrails

Well now that you guys selected the 2 you think are most influential, I thought I would give it a little twist. You design their hiking staffs.

El Diablo

Criminal: F-15 control stick.

BrianSnat: squid.

I can't come up with anything better than those.

I think Og hit the nail on the head here.....

Sn B):unsure: gans

Go for a re-vote/tie breaker between the two.

I vote for a steel-cage deathmatch. B)

I wager 3,000 Quatloos on the Newcomer...oh wait..this ISN't Star Trek and they're NOT Kirk and Spock and I'm prrrrretty sure that I'm not a disembodied brain. It's alllll coming back to me now....

Sorry for the OT post El D. I've been spending too much time on Wil Wheaton's site. :unsure:

Sn B)B) gans

Staff Ideas.

1. I have made one with the Compass ball on top of the Staff,the Missori Ozarks sphere compass has a small nipple that can be set in a hole drilled 1/4" deep in the top.

2.Sassafrass Wood.

3.I have and can cut,polish ony type stone or Gem and have varieties from all over the world,they could choose the type of Gemstone.

just a few types Lapis Lazule,Bisbee Turqoise,Montana Picture rock,moss Agate,Brazilian agate,American Agates,Calcedony,Gold,Silver and Copper ores etc.etc.