Is Geocaching Addicted?

Jeff24

I bought a GPS for my fishing adventures about three months ago and just happen to find the Geocaching.com site. I thought ,this seems pretty cool ,so I tried to find my first cache. I did make the first find but the next two were a little harder,one being a mystery cache and the next being al letterbox ( which was real tuff, but fun and rewarding).The owner(Chipper3) of the two ,which I have never met, has been a great help to me getting started in the sport. I E-mailed Him after making finds of His caches to get help on getting started. He said to try all aspects of the sport such as finding,hiding,regular cache,micro,mystery and so on.His seem to be more on the difficult side but ,Hey I cut my teeth on a couple of tuff ones. Now, to get back to my question Is geocacheing addicted?I think it must be,since getting started three months ago I get up in the morning thinking where to go to find my next cache or if I should find a good place for a cache to be hidden.I am off to a decent start with 24 finds,6bugs,1geo coin ,own 4bugs of my own,and have placed a cache of my own with plans for a couple more.Now tell me, I am addicted or what?

Jeff24 :D

Me: My name is Tim.

Group: Hi Tim!

Me: I started Geocaching this summer. I just wanted to try it out and experiment. I was only going to try it once.

Group: We've all felt that way.

Me: At first it was a nice family activity. But I couldn't get enough. I started sneaking out at lunch. It didn't hurty anybody.

Group: And your lunches got longer, right?

Me: Yes. Soon every trip to the grocery store or Home Depot somehow ended up near a cache. Well as long as I was at the cache, I didn't want to waste it. I think .... I think .... I think I'm a cacheoholic.

Group: Admitting it is your first step.

Me: I started Geocaching this summer. I just wanted to try it out and experiment. I was only going to try it once.

Me: At first it was a nice family activity. But I couldn't get enough. I started sneaking out at lunch. It didn't hurty anybody.

Me: Yes. Soon every trip to the grocery store or Home Depot somehow ended up near a cache. Well as long as I was at the cache, I didn't want to waste it. I think .... I think .... I think I'm a cacheoholic.

That's about how it is here, too

Wait this sounds way to familiar. Were you following me?

I have not yet hit the trails and I am still just working on getting a GPS and trying this out with family. I have just this to say...If it is an addiction what a grand one it is. I mean what other addiction alows so much quality time with the outdoors and Family ? Is inexpensive for the most part, legal and actually healthy for you. I can't wait to get started and I hope my kids enjoy the trips out as much as I will.

Yes! You are addicted, as are many of us. Welcome aboard!  :D

Hi,

My name is Snoogans and I have G.A.S.

Geocaching

Addiction

Syndrome

You are showing all the signs too. I suggest you downlad the coords to the local chapter of G.A. (Geocacher's Anonymous)

Sn ;):P gans

If we attend can we log it as a find for a group event? ;-)

Yes! You are addicted, as are many of us. Welcome aboard!  :)

Hi,

My name is Snoogans and I have G.A.S.

Geocaching

Addiction

Syndrome

You are showing all the signs too. I suggest you downlad the coords to the local chapter of G.A. (Geocacher's Anonymous)

Sn :D:P gans

If we attend can we log it as a find for a group event? ;-)

Well DUH! That's the whole idea. ;)

Sn :D:D gans

Yep it is addicting! And I can say that even solving the "12 Step Program" didn't help my husband and I quit. Instead we can definitely say we have G.A.S. ;)

Just think of all the hobbies we will never start now that we geocache. Or the yard work that will never get done. And the money we will spend buying a yellow jeep so we can finally log that cache!

Keep with it and you will discover new friends, new places, and new ideas that you would never have encountered otherwise. It will be fun, exciting, dangerous, silly, and more weird than you can possibly imagine!

-Jennifer

Yo. I got what you need man. C'mon over here. take a look at this. 100% pure ammo box. yea, ya like that don't ya? I got some McToys inside, some dirty golf balls, a carabiner, pen light, a coulple of WG$'s. Yea, I know... I'll tell ya what, this ones on me. Just a little taste. Yea, that's right. Who's yo daddy? JMB got what you need! The good stuff. ;)

New cache on first page, need x-mas presents for wife & mother. Shopping or caching, shopping or caching, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! <eyes shoot out of head>

seriously, was this an issue for you? of course you should go for the FTF! christmas will come around every year, but a FTF is getting rarer all the time. haha! -harry

Yo. I got what you need man. C'mon over here. take a look at this. 100% pure ammo box. yea, ya like that don't ya? I got some McToys inside, some dirty golf balls, a carabiner, pen light, a coulple of WG$'s. Yea, I know... I'll tell ya what, this ones on me. Just a little taste. Yea, that's right. Who's yo daddy? JMB got what you need! The good stuff. :D

Naaa man... I crave the micros.... got any magnets??

Yea.... that's the ticket!

Great Magnet dude!! ;)

Yeah it's addictive. Usually, addictive things are bad for you. But geocaching is good for you! I've lost 25 pounds, feel 10 years younger, and have found out a lot about the area I live in, past and present.

Geocaching is a good habit to have. You can do a lot of caches for the price of a $1,500 treadmill you use twice and then store for 15 years until you sell it for $30 at a garage sale.

Don't you wish other forms of excercise were as addictive? I'm too old for football, and the G-O-GardenerGal and I can't play together. We could walk, but the old neighborhood park gets old about the 200th lap.

Thank you geocaching, for being so good for us and to us!

Hmmm, let me see. To find new stomping ground, I drove about 35 miles to the coast at 8:00 at night last night. Found 16 out of 19 tries. Got back home at 1:30 am, but refused to go to sleep until I logged all my finds and DNF's (done by 2:00am).

I did this knowing FULL WELL that I had to wake up at 7am to take my daughter to a doctors appointment.

Uhhhh, yeah. I think it is a compulsion.

I'm sick. I admit it. But it is a good sickness... I saw a quote in a cache I found locally: "Geocaching - Obsession without excuse"