Went To A Gun Show Today...

About the usual surplus catalog prices but no shipping needed. (OTOH, there was a $7.00 admission and I had to drive 60 miles to get there.)

Had .50 caliber boxes, plus some really huge ones.

So if you factor in the admission, gas and time spent...

Still would have been cheaper to order on-line? That bites!

About the usual surplus catalog prices but no shipping needed. (OTOH, there was a $7.00 admission and I had to drive 60 miles to get there.)

Had .50 caliber boxes, plus some really huge ones.

So if you factor in the admission, gas and time spent...

Still would have been cheaper to order on-line? That bites!

Well, if your primary goal was to attend a gun show to look at guns, then you would have attended anyway. So, the price might not be that bad after all. :D

I don't particularly care for the gunshows around here, because it just doesn't seem worth $9 to get in if I'm going to do little more than oogle at the .50-cal rifles and watch the Dillon Precision videos.

OT: You know you're really a serious shooter when you can look at a Dillon catalog and think about reloading equipment. ;)

I used to reload back in college... Think the loads are still good 10 years later??

I don't particularly care for the gunshows around here, because it just doesn't seem worth $9 to get in if I'm going to do little more than oogle at the .50-cal rifles and watch the Dillon Precision videos.

OT: You know you're really a serious shooter when you can look at a Dillon catalog and think about reloading equipment. ;)

I used to reload back in college... Think the loads are still good 10 years later??

DOc I was out a month ago shooting some reloads I did.

.357 168 gr semi-wad cutters with 7 grains of Unique and a hot CCI mag primer.

Shot 100 rounds and all were great. they were loaded in 1982. Chances are yours are ok

Lets see, um, ah, ok, I got it ! Guns and reloading supplies are found in Iraqi CACHES. These of course are not acceptable in Official Groundspeak caches.

whew. Is that on topic ?

I think the topic was ammo cans and other cache containers at the gun show. But I can see how re-loading could tie to geocaching after reading the thread on what to take caching. Guns seem to be pretty high on the list for some folks. And if you have a gun you need to practice shooting, so that uses ammo, so you need to re-load to hunt caches!

Say goodnight Gracie.

Good night Garcie.

BTW you can polish a turd, but it will still be a turd.

BTW you can polish a turd, but it will still be a turd.

But will it maintain that high luster, or do you need to lacquer it afterwards ? Does laquering cut down on the offensive odor ?

Nice Jeep pic. Yours?

G'night Gracie.

Encapsulation in resin should keep odor to a minimum.

Aggggg! Jeep!!!!!!

Toyota Land Cruiser. (The tlc part of rusty_tlc)

Yeah it's mine. 1975 Toyota FJ40 built before they whuusied the landcruiser series up.

I'm looking for some new desert water bags, think they could be found at a gun show. (Keeping on topic. )

Lol. Whoops, my social Faux paus on the Land Cruiser mis-ID. Send me a full size pic, if ya got one. Looks sweet. My cache cruiser is a 94 Wrangler, 4' lift, 31 tires. Lined, so water doesn't matter. Few engine mods so far, but more on the drawing board if money ever starts growing on trees.

Anybody got co-ords to a money cache ?

I'm going to do a search for offroading topics and bump it up. If I can't find one I'll start a new one. ;)

About 40 years ago I bought a $10 Lee loader and tried to reload 12 gauge shells. They wouldn't fit into my gun. I decided to forget about reloading. Did I make the right decision? :)

About that same time, the International Scout caught my fancy. One couldn't just go into a car dealership and make a trade- in for one of these. Considering the success of Blazers, Cherokees, Explorers, etc.; I'll bet there are Harvester execs kicking theirselves. :)