Do Your Kids Really Cache?...

sept1c_tank

Lots of cache logs contain photos of "caching kids."

Do your kids really participate in the caching game?

Are they really interested in seeking the treasure?

Do you let them use the GPSr?

When they use the GPSr, what do you do?

Do you allow your kids to have a personal account?

Do your kids help plan geocaching trips?

How old do you think kids should be before they are allowed to cache without supervision?

Do you know of any organizations built around kids and caching?

Just curious, sept1c. :mad:

I'm a kid.

-I really participate.

-I am very interested in finding "the treasure."

-I'm not very skilled at using the GPSr. I recently learned how to enter coords & can now do that by myself. On the trail, I almost never hold the GPS, by chioce.

-Dad points out the right way to go.

-I don't have a personal acount because I have found (or I was there at) all but about ten of our 130something finds. I don't have a desire to have one.

-Yes, I enjoy and almost always plan caching trips, or, the caches, my dad dutifully works on the order in which we will be doing them.

-Once I have a car.

-No

Hope I helped :mad:

My 8-year old caches with me about half of the times I go. He's even been on my only "cache marathon" (10 in one day, about 5 miles hiking total). He enjoys using the GPS; we take turns. He has been caching without me a couple times (with his grandmother), but they didn't find the cache on those two tries. He does not have his own GPS, but I did get him his own camelbak. :mad:

My 3-year old goes with me sometimes. She doesn't completely get the concept yet, but she likes looking through the box once we find it. And she usually picks out a trinket to take. The only problem I have with her is that we have to stop at any playground we see, so sometimes I don't make it to the cache. On the other hand, I don't look like some strange guy hanging around the playground looking for a micro when she's with me hehe...

:mad:

The twins are 11 months old now;

- as much as they can at this age, they tried to chew on a log book once.....

- at this point I would say no, not really.......

-tried that, they chewed on it......

-I watch them slobber on it, and thank garmin for making waterproof gps units....

-no and no....

How old do you think kids should be before they are allowed to cache without supervision?

-at least 28 years old, I think that is when I started to really know things....

-no, but the idea is interesting,,, want to start something?

Good questions, thanks.

Wow...I better have good answers for this one considering my caching name.

Yes, the 12, 11, 8, and 3 year old all do.

Yes...unless the terrain gets too difficult, muddy, etc.

Yes, actually the 12 and 11 year old bought our first one with their own money.

I follow and say, "How close are we?".

The two oldest...they mainly use it to log one of my hides that they find...

or if they go without me (with another adult), otherwise we log it all under the "family" account.

I give them choices to pick from.

Older than 12...haven't decided yet.

No, do you?

-Steve

>Do your kids really participate in the caching game?

Yes, both of them. I have a 7 year old daughter and a 4 year old son. My son is almost always ready to go.

>Are they really interested in seeking the treasure?

Yes. At first I was concerned they would want to go only to get the junk in the cache (and it usually is junk). But now they seem very interested in the hunt, as long as the hike isn't too far. Longest hike round trip we made on a cache was about 3 miles so far.

>Do you let them use the GPSr?

Yes. When my daughter goes, she holds the GPS 90% of the time.

>When they use the GPSr, what do you do?

I follow them. I'll look over their shoulders once in a while to make sure we're heading the general direction. Once we get closer, I sometimes take over for a little bit to make sure. The excitement watching the GPS comes at two points: when we go from fractions of miles to feet (< .1 mile), and when the unit beeps because we are < 100 feet away.

>Do you allow your kids to have a personal account?

Not at their ages now.

>Do your kids help plan geocaching trips?

I usually print off a stack of caches in an area I want to go, and let them pick from the list.

>How old do you think kids should be before they are allowed to cache

>without supervision?

How old should kids be before they are allowed to do anything w/o supervision? This really is a non-cache related topic. I won't let my kids do anything by themselves until they are 21. And that's if they are good. :mad:

Just curious, sept1c. ;)

Yes we take our 5 yr old and our 2 yr old twins.The twins are not really into it but my oldest just loves it as long as we keep it to about 3 or 4 in a day.She has used the gpsr with my help and she has spotted more caches before me than I care to talk about. And she loves them mctoys :mad: and refrigerator magnets :o .

Shifty is 4 and does participate. He wants to help, usually put him in charge of something. (this already cost me 1 compass :mad: )

Yea, thats the fun for him I think. Longest so far was 2 miles round trip, he needed a little help to finish that one.

Good god man, are you crazy? Ok, yea sometimes.

Sweat, nag and basically be as overbearing and overprotective as possible.(Worried about my GPSr, of course)

And subject him to this crowd? Never. Ok, he is only 4.

Not really.

I believe the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are becoming envolved. There are several caches in my area placed by troops.

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers

Yes, they used to love to go. Now I drag them along but once we are going they still enjoy it.

Of course that's the best part. It's all the space around the final search that can cause a problem.

I used to be with great reluctance. Then I dropped it off a truck while driving down the road. That improved my outlook quite a bit. Now I don't mind at all.

Explain, again and again that they have to move for it to point the right direction. No really, you have to move, yes move. You stopped again so no you don't need to go backwards. Try moving. Quit spinning! Ok that's it just give me back the GPS!

Two of them do. But they quit logging. Now once in a blue moon they may want to list a cache.

They make sure we are stocked up with junk food.

When they are married, with children.

Nope.

Edited by Renegade Knight

I'm 20 (a kid still right?) and have a little brother who's 9 so he can be my child... anyway he doesn't particularly like going caching with me because he seems to find all the thorns and comes home like he was attacked by a pack of wolves. Kids these days... He'd much rather be out playing with his friends. Thats ok with me since he usually slows me down...

My two boys (8 & 9) enjoy it once we're doing it. Sometimes a little cajoling is needed. My youngest is generally contrarian about any suggestion ("not geocaching, I hate geocaching"). Much more cajoling is needed with him. Once he's out he's fine. The older boy enjoys getting out and hiking and hanging with me. He also likes the gadgetry aspect of it. They each get a chance to run around with the GPSr. But after awhile, they're chasing each other around and forgetting about looking for a cache ("OK, I'll take it back now"). They like the finding part and I let them find the cache even if I see it first. When I'm out with the boys, we usually locate one cache, maybe two, and its usually in association with some other activity like a hike, road trip, or vacation. Anything more than that and they become distracted, want to do something else, or lose interest. I try to keep it fun and not a marathon. I try to work it in in with some other activity. As they get older and if they show more interest then we'll set up an account and maybe they'll get a hand me down GPSr. We'll stay at this pace for now, its working well.

But really its dad's thing and geocaching is a way to hang out with dad and be together as a family. A little more than half of my caches were found by myself and usually at the end of a work day out of the office in the field somewhere or during an out of state business trip.

My wife? When she's out with us she plays the part of the recess teacher and makes sure the two little boys and that bigger boy stay out of trouble.

Edited by astheravenflies

Lil'Lost One is 2 years old and when we ask who wants to go caching he jumps up and down and runs for his coat. Lost One is 6 1/2 and asked for his own GPSr for christmas last year. Sometimes we have to coax Lost One to go but once we get out of the car he's leading the way.

Kids are often better finders than adults. I don't know why, maybe it is because they are closer to the ground.

My 8 year old nephew GEO.LOGO goes caching with me 50% of the time. I use the time as educational trips. Teaching him and my wife, Fairy Flirt, different aspects about nature i.e. Types of trees, poison ivy, mushrooms, ecosystems, beaver dams, conservation, wild live watching and tracking. He has taught me to not worry about the quantity of caches we get in a day and to stop and play on the rocks.

GEO.LOGO loves the hunt, many times the GPS was off as far as 80ft and he stuck with it until the cache was found, that is the hunt he talks about the most. He has his own trade items now and when we found an empty cache he was eager to put some swag in so The next cacher would have a nice find. GEO.LOGO is responsible for about 25% of our group finds.

He is very interested in learning all the functions on the unit, Garmin RINO. He enters Waypoints, navigates while in the car 50% of the time, he carries the on RINO about 25% of the hunts. This is also a great learning opportunity. He does great 100+ feet out but then rushes up into the -30 range. He is learning distance and is fairly good at picking out features that are about 60 to 100ft away.

It depends on the situation. GEO.LOGO’s 5th find was at night at a rest stop. He strapped on the head lamp and took off across a 75yrd field unassisted and located the cache within 5 minutes. While he is guiding us through a forest or down a trail I have to remind him to look up from the RINO watch out for limbs and pick a trail to follow, and I have to ask how far? The last cache we were on he crossed a small creek on a log while carrying the RINO, before I could say anything he said “Don’t worry I’ll be OK” he put the RINO in his pocket as he said “and the RINO will be OK too.” If I have already found the cache with out GEO.LOGO and Fairy Flirt I just stand back and watch them without giving any help unless asked. During the time we have been bushwhacking I use the time he is leading to teach him to watch for landmarks, i.e. bent trees, stumps, large or unusual rocks to assist on the return trip. In case the GPS stops working.

GEO.LOGO began his own personal account but has not maintained it. He wanted me to enter all of his logs because he takes too long to type, and he only gets x number of hours per week on the internet and playing Nintendo and Nintendo won out. This was a poor decision on my part, you will need to evaluate each childes interest and ability to log their finds before letting them open an account.

GEO.LOGO searches caches in the area on his own and asks me advice on which areas will be more fun, i.e. have rocks to climb etc. We typically plan our trip as a team, on days it looks like it will rain or it is cold we do caches that are close to the car. Nice sunny days we hit the caches with a little further hike. We are saving several caches that GEO.LOGO’s mother and baby brother can participate in with a stroller. GEO.LOGO may take his family on some with out ME and Fairy Flirt when the weather warms up.

That depends on the kids. I can foresee that when I hide a few caches in our local park and state parks we visit and camp at. GEO.LOGO will probably be taking the kids in the group to the caches in these parks by May, because they will be within an area he is familiar with and is already allowed to go without supervision. I don’t know when he will be branching off in unfamiliar areas without an adult, maybe 13??? If I get him his own RINO I will be able to track his location with my RINO and it may be earlier than 13. This mainly depends on what he learns by what age.

I was hunting unsupervised by age 13, riding my bike 5-10 miles away from my home to go fishing by age12 and exploring woods within a 3 square mile area by age 10-11. However, I have known some 15 year olds that were not qualified to go10 miles from their home without supervision.

Do you know of any organizations built around kids and caching? not yet.

Happy caching.

GEO.JOE

Where I live the Park District, which is for both kids and adults, teaches class on geocaching. The Park District has even placed and maintained several caches in the parks. I learned about geocaching from one of those instructors who happens to have another job and was just talking about his hobby at my place of buisness.

I have taken my youngest daughter with me on all my cache finds and she is the eagle eye of our duo. I man the GPS and she finds the stash. She gets the small trinket to take home and I get the excercise and enjoyment of seeing new areas.

I'm prtty new to this. my brother took me out a couple of times and I decided to take my wife and daughter out.

My wife likes the walk in the woods, my 4 yr old daughter doesn't really understand what the GPS has to do with it but keeps saying "I bet it's over there" at random places as we walk throught the woods.

After I find it, I take her to the spot and let her think she found it. She loves to trade trinkets. She draws treasure maps now. You know: just dashed lines all over a piece of paper ending with an X and brings one along to find the treasure.

I probably enjoy her having fun more than I enjoy the hunt myself.

She draws treasure maps now. You know: just dashed lines all over a piece of paper ending with an X and brings one along to find the treasure.

Shifty does that too, he is also 4. I'll bet he went through a ream of paper the first month. I think there is a definate connection for him with Dora the Explorer. I could think of worse things to grab a kids imagination.

Max is only 4, but he is very interested in seeking the treasure. He really has a problem with the leaving something part, though. He doesn't want to leave any of his toys, no matter how small or insignificant. I find this a little disturbing, but he's only 4, right?

Max likes to use the GPS (the "treasure finding machine"). He knows that you are supposed to follow the arrow, and he can read the numbers, but he really has no concept of what the numbers mean. As a result, I don't generally let him have the unit on foot. I let him have it in the car, so he can tell me which way to turn without my being distracted by the unit itself. ("Which way does the arrow say to turn?" "Well, Daddy, it says to turn THAT way." "I can't see you, you have to say left, right or straight." "OK, you don't want to turn NO way." "Go straight, then?" "Uh-huh." He's only steered us wrong once.

No, he doesn't have his own account, he's still signing his name XAM.

Usually, I pull up the list of caches near here, and I tell him the names, and he picks what he wants to go look for. "Filthy McNasty's Cache" seemed to be a popular one.

I think he should be at least 30 before going out unsupervised. :D

I was a Boy Scout, and was a TERRIBLE orienteerer. I'm thinking they must be incorporating the GPSr into the program now. We'll see.

Yes, they usually find them before us

Most definitely

No, well once or twice

Try and catch it before it hits the ground

No, all finds are logged under our team name

No, they're too young

Older than they are now :D

The forums here :D

Just curious, sept1c. :D

Curiosity killed the cat

The older ones. Sara(9) and Audrey(6) go with me more often than Elizabeth(3) and Cassandra(8mos)

If its easy enough to find. After searching for about 15 mintues Audrey will start wandering although Sara willl stick with it. They want to find it because if they make the find then they can pick out the trade item!

Not too often with what we're using now (a Palm m515 w/ GPS Companion). When we get our Meridian then I will be more comfortable letting them carry it!

pray

Not yet. When they are old enough and care enough to maintain it themselves and log their own finds then they can have one.

Not really. I usually pick any area to travel too that has enough caches to make a day of it and then I ask who want to come along! We've done most of the caches within 25 miles of our house so now we have to plan a bit more!

Depends on the child. However since all of the nearby caches need to be driven to I would think they's have to have their liscense(sp?) to go.

Only this one here. :D

I do have to tell one story about caching with my kids. I took Audrey(5) along with me to find an easier 2/2. I searched and searched for 1/2 hour before looking at the clue. It wasn't all that helpful and I ended up searching for another 45 minutes before finally finding it. This whole time Audrey was "searching" too. After I logged it we went home. When we got home she said something to mom about finding the "treasure" first. I said "what do you mean, I found it." She then told me that no, she found it but she couldn't get the piece of bark out of the way to get to the cache so she didn't say anything! I remembered seeing her walk right up to that tree when we first got to the area!

Yes, kids are great cachers for some unknown reason, but make sure they tell you if they find it or you'll end up spending at least an hour more at the cache than you have too!

I take my 5 year old girl with me about 1/2 of the time and my 2 year old boy sometimes. She likes looking at the toys and always appreciates the McToys that we find. She would never suggest that we go, but she loves the parks that we find. She also will sign the log books.

Just curious, sept1c. :D

I started out with my 8 year old son...added my five year old daughter, added my wife and 7 month old daughter, my wife and five month faided away as did my five year old daughter. My son hung on until there was snow and now it is just me!

My son definately is..but his first love is climbing big hills and hiking through tuff stuff.

Sometimes, when he asks...it takes longer this way though.

Follow close behind and keep reminding him not to stop.

No, if he wanted one he could have one. He doesn't have an interest in this part.

No. I do all of the planning at this point. He does get excited about the adventure while planning.

16 or so. A few of my students that I teach have gone out successfully and they are 17-18 range.

No but that is a cool idea.

Just previewed my post...I obviously don't get the whole quoting thing yet...I'll learn!

I'm only going to answer the one question relevant to my situation.

My kids DO go caching with me on occasion, and yes they do cache. I get to the general area and they help me look. My 3 year-old isn't quite at the point that I'm going to trust her with a $350 GPS unit, nor can she understand what it is she's looking at.

My 8 year-old doesn't quite understand the lat/long concept, but can certainly figure out where to look for the cache while looking at the compass navigation screen but doesn't have the map navigation skills to read the other screen very well.

To really enjoy the experience, I'll 'find' the cache and have my daughter search the general area and stand back to watch as she makes the find. Her reaction is priceless and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My son on the other hand, plays the macho role and tells me "I knew it would be right here."

Both of them love to trade items and scour their rooms in search of small trinkets to take along, and have contributed items to my cache placements so they have at least some kind of role in the cache, since the concept behind some of them is a bit complex.

I find it ironic that several have mentioned they need to keep telling their kids to keep moving to make the GPSr to work.

Most of the time I picture kids as never stopping.

cutsandbruises said:

Where I live the Park District, which is for both kids and adults, teaches class on geocaching. The Park District has even placed and maintained several caches in the parks. I learned about geocaching from one of those instructors...

Several have indicated an interest in organizations for geocaching kids.

I'd like to here more, cutsandbruises, about that program.

:D:D

Maybe there is a place for an organization for kids. I have had correspondence with the librarian of a public library who would like to hold a seminar for teens, teaching them geocaching.

4agers said in the "Newcomers" thread:

...It is also interesting that my daughters class is following the progress of  her travel bug and discusses the places it goes from time to time...

Does anyone else have stories to relate about their kids geocaching? Or about structures such as the Boy Scouts, libraries or schools that are geocaching-kid-friendly?

Does anyone else have stories to relate about their kids geocaching?

I introduced my sister and brother in-law to caching. My kid is 19 and living on his own but they have two great kids. The littlest is 4 and she is a cutie. Anyway on long hikes she gets pooped and her dad and I share carrying her on our shoulders. This summer it was broiling hot hiking up to a cache so I just took her water bottle top away, kind of a personel water mister system.

I don't know how into the whole cache thing they are but is sure helps to motivate them up the hill knowing there is something at the end of the walk.

Kind of off topic but does anybody eles have a dog that starts doing the happy dance when it sees the GPS come out? :D

I find it ironic that several have mentioned they need to keep telling their kids to keep moving to make the GPSr to work.

Most of the time I picture kids as never stopping.

cutsandbruises said:

Where I live the Park District, which is for both kids and adults, teaches class on geocaching. The Park District has even placed and maintained several caches in the parks. I learned about geocaching from one of those instructors...

Several have indicated an interest in organizations for geocaching kids.

I'd like to here more, cutsandbruises, about that program.

:):D

Here are a few links :

http://www.crystallakeparks.org/geocaching...adventures.html

http://www.crystallakeparks.org/

Im a kid (13years old), I have been caching for about a year and recently my dad(bikenxs) got a new gps so he gave me his old one so I have my own. I also have my own account but i only have a few logs on that name because I found a lot with bikenxs. Sometimes I even think that if I had a car i would have found many more! That time will come I guess. :D

Yes, our children actively participate in geocaches

They are interested in both seeking the treasure and the hunt.

We currently only have one GPS and we all switch using the GPS with each hunt.

Make sure they aren't leading us in circles LOL Just check on them every once in a while and ask how much further it is.

Our children don't have personal accts. I don't figure there is a need to take up extra server space when we do this is a family.

Nope, We pretty much choose and area that we are going to hunt caches in and then go from there.

I believe a child needs to be at least 16+ before they go venturing out hunting caches without supervision.

Do not currently know of any organizations for kids and caching. Althought that is a wonderful idea.

;) My kids love to cache. Even though we don't get out and do enough, when we tell them that we are planning a trip out, they go nuts. They tear through the house looking for things to put in a cache. Sometimes, we make a day of it and pack up a picnic lunch and cooler. Othertimes, it is just out for one cache. It never fails, they are always up for the challenge.

I am really proud of my oldest daughter. She has stocked, placed and logged her very own cache at the age of 10. She was working on a badge for Girl Scouts about learning an outdoor hobby. Before, she would just go out and look for the cache when we would get close to it and then rummage through it for goodies. This time, she created the cache, took it out into the woods, placed it and covered it. She took three readings and averaged them out and then helped log it. Of course she had supervision, but mainly, she did the work involved. We placed the cache in the afternoon and by late that evening, we received an email stating that someone had found her cache that same day in the dark. I would have to say that she is definitely hooked on the sport, but it may be a few years before she gets her own GPS.

While caching in tasmania I met up with a family who I stayed with for a week or so. We spent a good day caching in Hobart and after instruction the geokidz programmed the lat/longs and used the compas to locate 4 caches while in contact with the 4x4 via UHF. At the end of the day they knew how to effectively use all the tools of the geocaching trade, Not bad for 10 year olds. My friends daughter also enjoyes a good cacheing as well. Far better than watching tv.

The 1st year (2001) they were not too interested in finding the prize ;) ... they would just wander around the cache site. Our second year (2002) I decided to turn the hunt into a little competition amongnst my three kids with the finder getting first choice of the trade items :mad: . I also kept a tally of the # of finds each of us had. That helped for the rest of the year but did not carry over to the following year. This year (2003) I'm basically back to square 1 :blink: .

Jr. T's (4) been out on about half the hunts. In general, he enjoys the hunt, but mostly like hanging with Dad and Mom. It get's more interesting when we get down to the last 100 ft or so, then he'll race ahead and start looking at the likely spots. He really appreciates a good hide. One time I got frustrated poking around in bushes, I broken open the hint, and Presto! Jr. T was sitting on the cache (he didn't know it). He still loves to tell that story.

Jr. T likes to share his stories of caching with his pre-school buddies. I get lots of questions from the other kids about, "who in the world would leave toys in a box out in the woods?".

Just curious, sept1c. ;)

My 7 year old niece GeoK8 does cache with me, I let her use my old Magellan 310. She appears to be learning it, rather than doing it, but she is getting the hang of the game. I would suspect that most of the kids are just along for the fun of it.

Yes. That is, yes, for as long as caching remained one of her interests. She found a little over 100 caches before "taking a hiatus."

No. Hiking to the site and seeking the cache; trading was not a priority.

Yes. She used my older Magellan after I purchased a new Garmin.

I would offer helpful advice when we came upon a fork in the trail. ("Take it." [thanks, Yogi.] ) :blink:

Yes.

Sometimes.

Teens, and only if in a group of responsible/reliable kids, and only to an area I knew very well. And only if they had their cellphones and FRS radios and only if I were sitting in the car in the parking lot nearby. With my cellphone and FRS radio. (Does that qualify as "without supervision?") But I wouldn't be toooo overprotective. ;)

No.

You didn't ask, but my daughter also created her own (virtual) cache when she was 11. She took it more seriously and did a better job than most adults, myself included, do.

Edited by BassoonPilot

My kids really seem to enjoy caching. Mostly we plan our hunts to be a family event, if they are willing to go I will take them rather than go by myself.

1. My son locates most of the caches so yes they do participate.

2. They both like checking out the contents of the cache and can usually find something they want to trade for.

3. On our last hunt I gave the GPS to my son (10 years old in Jan) to navigate. He took us to within 50 feet of the cache then he went off the trail to the most obvious hiding spot, but found it in the 2nd most obvious spot.

4. If he has the GPS I will take pictures and just tag along, hoping we are going the right way.

5. We log our finds as a family.

6. They really don't help plan the trips unless I give them choices of caches to hunt.

7. How old? I'm not really there yet... I guess it would depend on the kid.

8. Organizations? No I don't know of any...

I often take small groups of boys caching. (I am a Royal Ranger Outpost Commander)

I use it as a ready made lesson for orienteering. However, in order to make it more educational I have them use topo maps and magnetic compasses. This requires them to calculate their asmuth direction from an obvious terrain feature. I will somtimes have some of the older boys use the GPS. My boys learn much from this and usually rank high in the state-wide orienteering contests. The ironic part is that they are almost always more accurate than the GPS. This is because the rugged, identifiable terrain features, and thick forrests that are common in our area are also the very things that cause problems with GPS.

Yes. They are 5 & 8

Yes to them that is all it is about right now. The 8 year old like caches with unique containers.

8 year old yes. 5 does not quite get it yet.

I follow and answer his questions.

NO

My 8 year old again like unique containers and like to watch as I check out the vaious cache pages.

At least 13 but we will determine that when we get there.

None. But his scout group seems to be a possiblity.

I am the kid and not only that it's my parents who I take along who just sort of sit around and try to help.

Yeah, I am.

It's my GPSr for pete's sake.

same as above

I might eventually let my dad have his own account, but for now, I like having a team account that I control.

Yes, I AM the PLANNER of ALL geocaching trips.

I don't really mind my parents being there, because they're the ones actually driving me there.

Well, no, but I'm working with a few people trying to maybe make a website for one...

Like I said, not only do the kids in my family cache, I AM the kid in my family, and it's me who does the caching, my parents usually just try to help me find it or hold the dog while I'm crawling around.

Yes they do. Younger son is now 4 and older is 7, and they both like geocaching. They have even made one of our caches, I only helped a little in some parts, like getting the coordinates and submitting the cache page. For them the game is treasure hunting and hiding and content of the cache is the most important part of the game.

Like I told above...

My older son has used my GPSr several times while seeking the cache container.

Sometimes I seek the cache, sometimes I just watch while my kids search it.

Not yet, but on that day when they want, I probably will.

Not much, it's mainly my job to decide what caches we search. At least still, but I guess after few years we will decide it together.

Huh, I don't know - perhaps teenagers?

No I don't, but I will present geocaching to Finnish Scouts during 2004.