My Beef With Forum Moderators.... Control Freak

breck_hiker

The fact that the thread continued for three days and four pages before the topic creator decided it had run its course speaks volumes in response to your assertion that moderators are quick on the draw.

They have been in the past, so I can see why Breck Hiker assumed the worst.

Again, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear that it was me who closed it. I think that because another post snuck in just after mine may have made that a bit less clear.

why close it? they are still posting :mad:

Exactly. When the topic has run its course, it will fall off of the first page of posts. As long as no one is attacking anyone else, why close it?

Personally, I feel that the thread closer should be required to post a comment when closing the thread. That way everyone knows why (specific reasons) the thread is being closed. (and you thought this topic had run its course...)

;) The absurdity of it all

I guess I figured breck_hiker might want to see what it was like to close a topic. :o When I close a topic I do post a note as to why and then I close it. Hopefully this one will fall off of the page very soon. If I had put my foot in my mouth I would want it closed so it would drop away as soon as possible. :mad:

I watched "Catch Me if you Can" the other night....gave me an idea for a cache, but I'm sure it's already been done (to death). Just got my copy of "Miracle on 34th Street" on DVD.....gonna watch it with Sunshine (Mrs. Watts) on Christmas Eve. Also got a really interesting series from A&E called "The Men Who Killed Kennedy". Man, that's got some good stuff in it!

Right the first time Sparkers..... NOT GOM..... Oh well, needs must!

Oh, dear....well be careful! I hear there are a few "legit" caches over there (not wanting to get into the "Spider Hole" discussion again), so maybe you can get some logged. BTW, I think your leatherman tool will be ok on the plane if you stuff it down the barrell of your M-16....or bazooka....or whatever it is you soldiers carry nowadays. :mad:

Just got my copy of "Miracle on 34th Street" on DVD.....gonna watch it with Sunshine (Mrs. Watts) on Christmas Eve.

I always watch Scrooged on Christmas Eve. There are more cameos in that movie than you can notice in one sitting. My favorite line is: "Aaahhh!!! The b!tch hit me with a toaster!"

Just for the record, may I remind everyone that intentionally taking a thread off topic to get it closed may result in you getting warned.

Geo Billy the kid

Whoa, there horsey. {insert sound of reins being pulled back and a horse making snort noises} We were just having some fun. We'll be good little outlaws from now on. :mad:

Edited by clearpath
Just for the record, may I remind everyone that intentionally taking a thread off topic to get it closed may result in you getting warned.

Geo Billy the kid

Whoa, there horsey. {insert sound of reins being pulled back and a horse making snort noises} We were just having some fun. We'll be good little outlaws from now on. :mad:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

The problem with having your finger on the button is that when you make a joke now one gets it.

RE: warnings of going off topic on this thread.

I was kidding well mostly anyway

Still laughing about Horsey comment

Edited by CO Admin