A Killer Tb Idea

Divine

I just had an idea of cremation and geocaching.(Way to start a thread, huh? ;) ) I did a search and wasn't actually surprised that similar thoughts have passed here before me. :mad: Anyhoo, I didn't find a Travel Bug suggestion on the topic yet, which was my original idea, so here goes.

Suppose an avid geocacher dies and has his/her body cremated and the ashes divided in tens of little urns, all of which are equipped with Travel Bug tags. Then the urns get dispatched all around the world to different caches. The geocacher keeps 'finding' caches from here to eternity.

(Till the urns disappear on their way, then they can be put to a TB graveyard. :o )

Would you carry ol' Divine in your backpack to the next cache? :o

I just had an idea of cremation and geocaching.(Way to start a thread, huh? :D ) I did a search and wasn't actually surprised that similar thoughts have passed here before me. ;) Anyhoo, I didn't find a Travel Bug suggestion on the topic yet, which was my original idea, so here goes.

Suppose an avid geocacher dies and has his/her body cremated and the ashes divided in tens of little urns, all of which are equipped with Travel Bug tags. Then the urns get dispatched all around the world to different caches. The geocacher keeps 'finding' caches from here to eternity.

(Till the urns disappear on their way, then they can be put to a TB graveyard. :D )

Would you carry ol' Divine in your backpack to the next cache? :P

There is a travel bug like that. I found it in Cary, North Carolina on its journey from New York. It was a small jar with ash in it that wanted to see all 50 states. It got gross when there was a little measuring spoon attached with which the finders were asked to spread som of the ashes in each state. We decided that with airport security being what it was, we didn't care to explain a jar full of ash in my luggage or carryon bags, and we left it in the cache. (I think the name is something like "Uncle Erwin".)

Would you carry ol' Divine in your backpack to the next cache?

Heck, I'd take you from cache to cache for a while. It would be a hoot.

Especially when talking to folks and I would say "we are looking for" instead of "I am looking for". It could lead to some interesting conversations. :)

Of course, there may be others that I would rather encourage to take that first step. :o

I can't remember what TB it was but I thought I remembered seeing a TB that was filled with ashes that the owner wanted spread a teaspoon at a time at cache sites. The departed had always wanted to travel the world and never gotten the chance.

You did. "Uncle Elwin"

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=15877

George

Dang. I wish I'd known about Uncle Elwin earlier. He's very near me, but it looks from the logs like he's going to be leaving my area.