Park Weirdos

9Key

To respond to the topic at hand, my nemesis--the very bane of my existence--is the Park Maintenance Guy Sleeping in his Truck (PMGST). These guys are *everywhere*!!! I once ran across what seemed to be a convention of these guys. They chat, sleep, doze, recline in the grass...or do almost anything but maintain the freaking park!!!

Mostly, they like to be there when I'm looking for a cache. Sleeping or awake, I can always feel a thousand infernal eyes swivel on their stalks as they look directly at me.

Park Maintenance demons have been the cause of countless "did-not-find" logs recorded by me.

In private industry, these guys would have been downsized ages ago, but since they're usually employed by county governments, they seem to thrive like vermin. Apologies to any park maintenance personnel who may be reading this. I'm sure there are conscientious, hard-working park personnel out there, but I sure haven't seen them in my lifetime...

Edited by LeChatNoir
PLSG Alert! Spotted in Garland, Texas. 9Key's description was dead on. The G-O-GardenerGal sits back with trepidation as I hurridly snap the picture. :D

84133_1900.JPG

Note the PLSG in his vehicle, staring straight ahead, and he never once acknowledged our presence.

Looks like your gf/wife/mother/daughter was also looking straight ahead not acknowledging you. Maybe you are invisible.

PLSG Alert!  Spotted in Garland, Texas.  9Key's description was dead on.  The G-O-GardenerGal sits back with trepidation as I hurridly snap the picture. :D

Note the PLSG in his vehicle, staring straight ahead, and he never once acknowledged our presence.

Looks like your gf/wife/mother/daughter was also looking straight ahead not acknowledging you. Maybe you are invisible.

I was thinking the same thing...maybe it's just youtounge.gif

PLSG Alert!  Spotted in Garland, Texas.  9Key's description was dead on.  The G-O-GardenerGal sits back with trepidation as I hurridly snap the picture. :D

I guess that could be, but to me, she looks like she's just frozen, trying not to make eye contact!

I guess that could be, but to me, she looks like she's just frozen, trying not to make eye contact!

She does have that look in her eye like 'did you take it yet?'

She does have that look in her eye like 'did you take it yet?'

More like... "did yer took it yet?"

And what better way to hit the mark than with a smurf flame! :)

Are you Jo's cousin by chance? :D

Ummmm...yeah......how'd you know? :D

He and I used to trade flames months ago. It was all in fun, but some thought they were attacks and asked us to stop. We get along fine now, as evidenced on woodster's forum

HA! I don't really know who Jo is, but that's really my name, only with an "e" on the end! :P

Back on topic Gentleman.

How can you be OT in a thread dedicated to Park Wierdos? :)

There was an absence of wierdos participating. By co admin posting the focus was returned. :D

Anyone who has met me knows I am a little weird too, but you all know that I know where the "Close this topic" button is. As bizarre as this statement is -- let's get back to the topic of "Park Weirdos" or close the topic.

Why do parks attract weirdos anyway??

You can't get rousted for being in a public park. Try this simple experiment.

Buy a bottle of cheap fortified wine.

Drink the wine, go ahead all of it.

Hang out in front of, oh lets say the Charles Schwab offices.

Wave your hands and carry on am animated conversation, with on one in particular.

For some real fun greet the officers with a well know American hand sign.

You will be amazed at the reaction!!!

Have fun and let us know how things turn out. ;)

Wave your hands and carry on am animated conversation, with on one in particular.

Have fun and let us know how things turn out. ;)

What does that have to do with Geoaching in a park?

What does that have to do with Geoaching in a park?

You see the thread is about park wierdos, strange folks you might see when caching at the park. The question was why do parks attract wierdos. The point was you can't get busted hanging out at the park. The illistration was try getting blasted and hanging out in front of an office building. ;)

Photo was taken from inside the vehicle....staged. Still, was probably the point, so it is funny.

Ok, the joke's on me...I didn't realize the PLSG and the G-O-GardenerGal had the same facial expressions! ;) It was not staged. The PLSG was real. The G-O-GardenerGal had just said "Am I in there cause?" in that "cause I better not be" voice. Oops! Sorry honey. I suppose if someone looked in the window at that moment the G-O-GardenerGal would have been a PLSG.

Photo was taken from inside the vehicle....staged. Still, was probably the point, so it is funny.

Ok, the joke's on me...I didn't realize the PLSG and the G-O-GardenerGal had the same facial expressions! :D It was not staged. The PLSG was real. The G-O-GardenerGal had just said "Am I in there cause?" in that "cause I better not be" voice. Oops! Sorry honey. I suppose if someone looked in the window at that moment the G-O-GardenerGal would have been a PLSG.

We've got a spare bedroom if ya need one, astrojr1. ;)

Ok, the joke's on me...I didn't realize the PLSG and the G-O-GardenerGal had the same facial expressions! :D It was not staged. The PLSG was real. The G-O-GardenerGal had just said "Am I in there cause?" in that "cause I better not be" voice. Oops! Sorry honey. I suppose if someone looked in the window at that moment the G-O-GardenerGal would have been a PLSG.

We've got a spare bedroom if ya need one, astrojr1. ;)

All is well now.

But hold that thought.

Thank you for offering!

I came accross a Trogladite ... I mean Park Weirdo (in this case homeless person with hair that looked like plastic dreadlocks) while going for a cache in Santa Barbara. While looking for the cache I stepped through the brush right up to a shelter made of blankets and a shopping cart. As I was backing away I hear this trogladite yelling at me from the lakes edge about 20 yards away. I did not see him at first and I can only assume he was doing who knows what at the lakes edge :). He was much taller than I and easily out weighed me so I retreated from the park to my vehicle to retry another day with someone with me. Still have not gone back as this cache is low on my list since I do not get much time to go caching.

Have fun and let us know how things turn out. :(

This is supposed to be about park weirdos in general, not about San Francisco in particular!

I'll never forget the day I took my lunch to a nice, grassy park near where I worked in downtown S.F. As I was about finished with my meal, I watched a guy in a business suit sit down on the grass and light up the biggest joint I've ever seen...