Cachers Sayings

Anyone else have a good one they learned here in the forums ?

As I'm not a native English speaker I keep constantly seeing new sayings and phrases that I wasn't aware of before. Even the most common like chip in or my neck of woods. Took me awhile to get what TPTB means too. My favorite phrase ATM is something Criminal said some time ago in his pantywaste-thread (See! There's another new and useful term! Keep 'em coming! :lol: ):

If it’s OK for Bartholomew Bear and Ernie Elk to wander to and fro, eating the plants and wiping their rectums with bunnies, it’s more so for me. I’m just not finding the plants to be of my liking and not having an easy time of catching a bunny.
"Les longs sanglots des palourdes mortes blessent mon coeur avec un languor monotone pendant qu'ils dansent à minuit" (a.k.a. des palourdes mortes , or DPM for short).

Beat me to it Brian.

The other day while logging 3 DNF in one day used this in the log.

TFTH IBB SFMU

Thanks for the hunt, I'll be back, Snow ****** me up.

Edited by JMBella

These were my thoughts when contemplating the newest Garmin features just for geocaching...

GeoSwag Mode.... Tells you whether the cache that is 50 feet in one of 17 directions has a total value of $20, $50, or Ai-carumba!!! $100!

GeoSnag Mode... Detection of thorny plants ensures a quality trip everytime. What's a find if you diodn't leave a quart of blood on the ground or in the bellies of swarms of insects?

GeoForm mode... Using a 3d detection glove and sock, Your GPS uses criteria configured by Simon to post your Geotechnique along with your cache log.

i.e. Jan. 15th 2007. "The Wolf Eats the Little Lamb Cache." GC14PPKD

Found with little trouble. TNLN.

Simon Says: The triple Soucow over the log needs work. -3 on the landing. The yell was good. Nice and clear with a hint of relief. Over all: Style- 10 Technical- 2.

"Huckle Buckle Beanstalk!!!!!!"

When you're caching in a group, and you find the cache, you walk away from it, wait a minute or two while others look, and then yell/say that. Everyone else does the same when they find it, and the last person to find it gets to retrieve it. It lets everyone involved have a chance to find it, and the walking away and waiting part can help keep the location from being too obvious.

"The absurdity of it all"

--- Jeremy Irish, Dec. 19th, 2003

I think Jeremy comes up with some of the funniest, to the point, and very timely responses. I know, this is posted without context (and was slightly modified to better fit the screen) so click Here for the complete history of the quote.

edited the date ...

Edited by clearpath

I learn from my Dan Quayle quotes! I have learned that when we went to the moon, we finally entered the solar system. He also taught me that by failing we run the risk of failure! He also showed me that a low voter turnout means that fewer people are going to the polls. He also said that space for NASA is still a high priority. He was the smartest vice president we ever had and everybody should sing the praises of Dan Quayle!

I learn from my Dan Quayle quotes! I have learned that when we went to the moon, we finally entered the solar system. He also taught me that by failing we run the risk of failure! He also showed me that a low voter turnout means that fewer people are going to the polls. He also said that space for NASA is still a high priority. He was the smartest vice president we ever had and everybody should sing the praises of Dan Quayle!

You say Potatoe, I say Tomatoe.

"Huckle Buckle Beanstalk!!!!!!"

When you're caching in a group, and you find the cache, you walk away from it, wait a minute or two while others look, and then yell/say that. Everyone else does the same when they find it, and the last person to find it gets to retrieve it. It lets everyone involved have a chance to find it, and the walking away and waiting part can help keep the location from being too obvious.

I like that. I think I will say that the next time one of my kids can't find something in the house and I have to find it for them. That should be a fun game :mad:

At one cache, my log noted one of the lessons I had learned (or re-learned). That one log started a trend and now I've added a list to my webpage.

Lessons Learned while Geocaching

1. Don't eat a big, maple syrup smothered breakfast before setting out into the woods. (GC9B5E)

2. Pack toilet paper before setting out into the woods. (GC9B5E)

3. US Military "Jungle" boots are too flexable for rocky terrain. Buy rigid-soled hiking boots. (GC281C)

4. US Military "Jungle" boots do not protect your ankles from rock edges and ankle-twisting holes. Buy rigid-soled, over-the-ankle hiking boots. (GC281C)

5. Go back the way you came. (GC281C)

6. Take a change of clothes. (GC6A29)

7. Trust your instincts. (GC111C)

8. No, really. Trust your instincts. (GC111C)

9. Gravity is a harsh mistress. (GCGBJ7)

Edited by Kordite