Geocacher's New Years Resolutions

Broncoholics

I have a New Year's resolution. I will do a lot more caching and less time in the forums. :D My wife thinks that is a great idea. :D LOL

I really do want to set a goal of finds, but I'm not sure what that goal is yet. When nice weather hits, I will probably be very busy at work. I think maybe a cache or two a week might be a safe guess.

Duane

Upinyachit

I have a New Year's resolution. I will do a lot more caching and less time in the forums. :D My wife thinks that is a great idea. :D LOL

I really do want to set a goal of finds, but I'm not sure what that goal is yet. When nice weather hits, I will probably be very busy at work. I think maybe a cache or two a week might be a safe guess.

Duane

Upinyachit

I resolve to quit making new years resolutions!

Whoops.... I did that quite a few years ago, nevermind.

Not really related to Geocaching, but I lost 35 lbs last year (from Jan. 1 to Jul 1) and enjoyed the new me for the last six months of the year. This year I plan on losing another 20 lbs.

A couple weekends ago, I was on a trail around a lake (doing a cache) that had been much longer than anticipated. At one point, I got a clear view of how much further I had to go, so I jogged for a quarter mile or so (pack and all). I couldn't have done that 35 lbs ago...

Well it is 30 degrees outside right now......where is the fun in actually going out and finding a cache if I have to work at it? I like those Park and Logs. Even managed to do a virtual yesterday at 70 mph, didn't even have to put down my coffee.

Resolutions:

Find a sig item that I really like.

Do some historically related Cincinnati virtuals.

Do a 5 / 5, successfully.

Do some caches in States I have never been to.

Well it is 30 degrees outside right now......where is the fun in actually going out and finding a cache if I have to work at it?

What's bad about that? It was the same here last weekend and it was lovely!

Oh. Fahrenheit. That makes a difference.

I resolve to thoroughly test my next complicated multi, rather than treating early searchers as beta testers!

... and I would like to be in the top 10 all time posters in these forums.  And do it  while continuing to post nothing of any substance or relevance.  :o

You'd better get to work...best I can tell GPS Saxaphone never sleeps.

Would you be able to sleep if you always had a saxophone hanging out of your mouth? I think it's permanently attached! :lol:

... and I would like to be in the top 10 all time posters in these forums.  And do it  while continuing to post nothing of any substance or relevance.  :o

You'd better get to work...best I can tell GPS Saxaphone never sleeps.

Would you be able to sleep if you always had a saxophone hanging out of your mouth? I think it's permanently attached! :lol:

Atleast he isn't blue anymore.

I'd like to get to 300 posts by the end of the year and get the top poster of the day a few times. It'll probably on one of those slow, crawling weekdays. I'm working on my first goal right now.

Post faster or you'll never make it. Trust me, I have experience in these matters.

Experience is better than sleep :)

Just like pirate looting, everyone has their fetish, as weird as they may seem. :D

I'd like to get to 300 posts by the end of the year and get the top poster of the day a few times. It'll probably on one of those slow, crawling weekdays. I'm working on my first goal right now.

Post faster or you'll never make it. Trust me, I have experience in these matters.

Experience is better than sleep :D

Just like pirate looting, everyone has their fetish, as weird as they may seem. :D

51240_3200.JPG51240_4600.jpg

You aren't saying this guy is wierd, are you? :)

I made 2 resolutions this year which is weird because I usually don't make any. 1 is to get off my hiney to go caching - hard one. I am new. 2 is to use my brain so I have decided to study ufos. That should wake up some brain cells. Bets anyone? I will keep track on how many days I last on #2. I'm Starting tomorrow. HaHa

I will follow up on my plans to place what I think will be two cool multi-caches:

1) A model solar system (done before, I Know, but not in my area)

2) An architectural style tour

I will also make more time for caching.

Someone should save this thread and re-post it in December so we can all see how successful (or unsuccessful) we were at keeping them.

Edited by cool_and_the_gang
1) A model solar system (done before, I Know, but not in my area)

Hey Cool, I thought about doing that too. Only, I figure that the way I would want to do it (using scale distances) would take over a year to set up and it would be ultra hard to maintain.

My geocaching resolution is to double my hides and finds from 2003. That shouldn't be too hard.

I'm sure I'll attend at least a dozen more events too. Geocachers really know how to throw a party.

Sn :unsure::D gans