Merging GPX Files

nonnipoppy

GPSBabel will merge GPX files (and about 40 other formats) and it honors the 'exported' tag so it merges thing chronologically "correctly".

Combine this with the radius and arc filters, and "caches along I-65 in KY" become much more practical to work out.

(Hint: you can't do this from the GUI in the OSes that offer GUI wrappers to GPSBabel. You have to do typity stuff using that square thing with all the buttons that came with your computer...)

Help! I'm sure there is a way to join two different GPX files and have a GPX file when done. I tried GSAK and can't seem to export a GPX file for CacheMate. Any help?

If you're wanting to use the combined GPX file for something besides CacheMate, then ignore this reply. If not, however, then you can load both GPX files into CMConvert before creating the PDB file. Since version 1.4, it'll also resolve duplicate records, but only if they're exactly the same when loaded (if you have two records with the same waypoint name after both are loaded, there's a difference somewhere).

This is possible with the command line version (*ix and Mac OS X) as well. I don't know if Jeremy ever accounted for that in MacCMConvert, though.