Anyone Use Topo! From National Geographic?

ABQ-TJ

Trying to determine if there is a way to load all of the data to my hard drive and run the program without swapping out the discs. I love the detail of the maps and it's extremely accurate for my area, but just don't like the fact that I have to lug aroudn the discs when I'm out or if you travel over sections of the state, you have to load a new disc for that section.

Thanks in advance.

There is a way to do this. In fact, about 2 weeks ago there was a thread which talked about how to do it. If you go to the NG Topo Website Topo.com, under the FAQ area there is a step by step section which tells you how to do this. If I had my labtop at work I could walk you right through this however, I don't.

If you get the anwser before I get home great, If not I will post it for you. Dave.

Glad for the search feature. I just picked up NG TOPO. I knew there was a way to load the maps to the hard drive. Thanks for sharing the info.

Also from within the CD's you copied to drive you can take out maps of the sections you don't want so you can save drive space if that's a concern.

Say you copied the CD of New York state and never go out west. You can delete the maps out west and keep the eastern ones by going into the data and finding the maps that come up for that area.

How do you know which folder is what area without going through a long prpocess of sampling?

TKs Alan

My state has 9 CDs. It's broken down by geographic region. Central New Mexico is disc 3 (Albuquerque and Santa Fe) so I only need to install one CD to get the area I need. I rarely go down south (Las Cruces, Roswell, etc) so I don't need to install the CDs for those areas. I'm sure other states are laid out the same way.

:( CO