Question Regarding 60c

billsumrall

From what little info available on the Garmin website, has anyone heard whether the unit has both a Landscape and Portrait mode? If not, looks like it's going to be a weird unit for automotive use. Also appears that the antenna is fixed. Have gathered that one must spring extra bucks for MapSource. My old V has no worries just yet.

Thanks,

From what little info available on the Garmin website, has anyone heard whether the unit has both a Landscape and Portrait mode? If not, looks like it's going to be a weird unit for automotive use. Also appears that the antenna is fixed. Have gathered that one must spring extra bucks for MapSource. My old V has no worries just yet.

Thanks,

I haven't seen anything in my travels to indicate that it will. Neither have I seen any reviews based on hands-on experience. Has anyone beta tested one of these? Or would you have to kill us if you tell us? I wonder if Garmin will post the manual for the 60C & 60CS before they ship?

:D

Or would you have to kill us if you tell us? I wonder if

Yes, they may well do that............................

There is a "code of silence" if you will, well really an agreement of confidentiality that you have to agree to when you are a dealer, so there are many things that you cannot discuss here or other places, when you have access to these things.

I am sure that it would be ok to discuss this, but I will wait to make certain that it is entirely ok by them to do so. Want to play by the rules as they sure are good to deal with from both a business and a personal standpoint.

since the antenna does not rotate nor are the button labels on a 45 degree angle (like the gps v) i am inclined to think that it will not support landscape mode. if you set the map to track-up (or course-up if it supports this) mode it should work very well in-car with the portrait screen.

i sure wish it supported more than 10 proximity waypoints so i could use it to alert me of red-light cameras...