It Was A Buried Cache

CYBret

SCREW THE PERSON WHO GOT MY "HUSSEIN CAUGHT" CLOSED. MAYBE IF THE [person] THAT OPEN THIS THREAD PUT SOME SORT OF REFERENCE IN HIS TOPIC, A DUPILCATE WOULD NOT HAVE GOT OPENED. I GUESS I WAS A LITTLE HAPPY AT THE THOUGHT THAT SOME OF MY RELATIVES SERVING MIGHT BE COMING HOME SOON! I HOPE THE PERSON WHO REPORTED IT IS HAPPY WITH THEMSELVES!!

Edited by Keystone Approver
SCREW THE PERSON WHO GOT MY "HUSSEIN CAUGHT" CLOSED. MAYBE IF THE [person] THAT OPEN THIS THREAD PUT SOME SORT OF REFERENCE IN HIS TOPIC, A DUPILCATE WOULD NOT HAVE GOT OPENED. I GUESS I WAS A LITTLE HAPPY AT THE THOUGHT THAT SOME OF MY RELATIVES SERVING MIGHT BE COMING HOME SOON! I HOPE THE PERSON WHO REPORTED IT IS HAPPY WITH THEMSELVES!!

Why be hostile to a person who started this thread over an hour before yours?

Maybe you can reference yours in a link from here.

Does the 4th ID have a signature item to leave in the cache?

(Edited to fix a typo.)

Edited by DustyJacket
SCREW THE PERSON WHO GOT MY "HUSSEIN CAUGHT" CLOSED.

I just found it funny that the reason given for closing the other thread was that it was off topic and posts should be made in this thread. For some reason this off topic thread is ok.

That said let's not forget all of those troops in harm's way and the job they have done. I send out my thanks to them for allowing all of us the chance to view that vile piece of scum being poked and probed from the comfort of our living rooms. Horah! Job well done.

Who would like to bad mouth Bush now?

Oh, did little Georgey find him all by himself ?

please don't try to turn the hard work of self-sacrificing soldiers into a re-election plug.

Glad he's caught, now maybe the Iraqi people can get some semblance of a normal life. Who knows, someday they may be arguing about their cache should be approved. Heck, they have PLENTY of ammo boxes to use !

QUOTE (CTgeocacher @ Dec 14 2003, 08:43 AM)

Who would like to bad mouth Bush now? 

Oh, did little Georgey find him all by himself ?

please don't try to turn the hard work of self-sacrificing soldiers into a re-election plug.

All I meant was, if Bush pulled the troops months ago than the events of yesterday wouldn't have occured and the "Spider Hole Cache" would've turn back into a traveling cache. No election plug here. Relax. I loudly applaud our troops for the sacrifice they have made and a job well done!! CLAP,CLAP,CLAP,CLAP!!

Peace!

SCREW THE PERSON WHO GOT MY "HUSSEIN CAUGHT" CLOSED. MAYBE IF THE [person] THAT OPEN THIS THREAD PUT SOME SORT OF REFERENCE IN HIS TOPIC, A DUPILCATE WOULD NOT HAVE GOT OPENED.

I tend to agree with that quote. These duplicated threads tend to gravitate to one or the other and for the short term I feel that this forum could easily have supported a duplicate on such a momentous occasion.

I too am glad that some of the troops might be closer to getting to go home. I speak as one who was there in Basra last time around. (civilian roll) I know what they are going through and respect them for it.

OK, 'nuf said on that. How soon will we see a cache actually named 'Spider Hole', any guesses on that one?

Kudos to the Marines for removing that scum from the cache.

It wasn't Marines. It was the 4th Infantry Division. Army.

Good job by the grunts. Another "mission accomplished." Shame on whoever had their hand in closing the other thread, off-topic or not. This news affects everyone directly or indirectly whether they know it or not. It's a great day for humankind and the world.

Todays log on the Spider Cache from Baghdad Bob.

"Could not find! I scoured the area for hours and could'nt locate the cache. I did locate a foul smelling hole with what appeared to be soiled trousers with urine stains and an ace of spades in the pocket. Looks like this cache was plundered....with extreme predjudice."

Heck, they have PLENTY of ammo boxes to use !

I saw possibly the biggest 'ammo box' in he world in Iraq. There were eight of Iraq's finest living in it. It had been fitted with bunk beds and a small table with a couple of chairs.

Oh, did I mention? It was a delivery crate for a SCUD missile in reality.

So that no one wonders, this is a true story. The crate was on the sidewalk outside the apartment building that I was living in while I was out there..... It was January/February and often went well below freezing - those guys were SUFFERING!

God Bless the USA and Keystone!!

Ok, Weasel, we know you're upset, but get over it. You're not the first person on the forums that got a thread closed for being a duplicate, and you won't be the last. It's not a big enough deal to get a warning over. This thread is a positive one, and I'm sure yours was too. I've done the same thing, but I don't keep trying to bring down the mood of the other thread that was there first by crying over my thread being closed.

Hats off to the US Armed forces and the Coalition forces for the best cache find I've ever seen! (That's to keep it on topic).

God Bless the USA and Keystone!!

Ok, Weasel, we know you're upset, but get over it. You're not the first person on the forums that got a thread closed for being a duplicate, and you won't be the last. It's not a big enough deal to get a warning over. This thread is a positive one, and I'm sure yours was too. I've done the same thing, but I don't keep trying to bring down the mood of the other thread that was there first by crying over my thread being closed.

Hats off to the US Armed forces and the Coalition forces for the best cache find I've ever seen! (That's to keep it on topic).

Not trying to bring the mood down, and besides, your one to talk!

I want to apologize to CyBret for the name calling.

Thanks, I appreciate the apology. I think we all got caught up in the news, so it's all taken with a healthy dose of excitement. :D

Now...back to your regularly scheduled topic...all I've been thinking of today is "Spider hole cache"...hmmmm.....

How many of you are formulating a hide called "Spider hole" in your heads right now? I mean a LEGITIMATE cache...not just jokes poked at this event.

I think it'd make a great title and you could have a lot of fun with it. So what's on your mind? Location? Contents? Clues? Multi cache? Offset?

This is how geocachers do current events. :lol:

Bret

How many of you are formulating a hide called "Spider hole" in your heads right now? I mean a LEGITIMATE cache...not just jokes poked at this event.

I think it'd make a great title and you could have a lot of fun with it. So what's on your mind? Location? Contents? Clues? Multi cache? Offset?

I'm sure there will be one soon that includes an Ace of Spades in it!

As this was an illegal cache, I have no problem with the finders taking everything and leaving nothing.

There were a lot of geocachers who traveled very far from home to find this one. I hope to see many "found it" logs entered in their respective home zip codes very soon.

We should make an event cache out of it and let geocachers who are in the armed forces claim a find on it.

We should make an event cache out of it and let geocachers who are in the armed forces claim a find on it.

HECK YEAH!!!!!!! Dang, GPSaxophone, I guess you're not as bad as I thought....guess I'll have to erase all the nasty things I wrote about you on the bathroom wall. My wife was kinda wondering why all that stuff was written there, anyway....... :lol:

As a side note to that last post, The Weasel and I swapped insults over PM (he's really very good at that :lol: ) then proceeded to swap apologies through email, and ended up having a very nice conversation, coming to the conclusion that it's best to leave emotions out of the forums when they are detrimental to the current topic at hand.

Latest News

Just wondering if GPS played a part.

If they traded anything. And if so, if they traded up.

If they signed a logbook.

And whether or not they did that little "I found it" dance that I've seen several cachers do at the end of a particularly troublesome multi.

Bret

First, GPS plays a part in almost everything we do and everywhere we go in Iraq. Every report uses a grid coordinate obtained by maps and GPS. I’d give you Saddam’s grid, but I’m saving that for my next Iraq cache!

Second, we traded up. We took a dirt bag and left FREEDOM to the Iraqi people.

The logbook was in fact signed, but it is classified.

There was dancing all around, baby!

I am a member of the United States Army Reserve proudly serving in Iraq. Caching is alive and well in Iraq. The Spider Hole cache was a special “members only;” however, there are some caches in Iraq that are welcome to others. Do a search in Iraq and see for your self.

Catherman

:mad: