Htmls In Cache Pages

treeOFHeXXus

I have a question about my cache page. Most cache pages have a green background, but some have a bachground (like leafy patterns )placed their by the owner. I know somewhat about HTMLs, but i dont know where to put the HTML to activate it. Do I need to be a premium member? exactly how do i input the HTML to the cache page?

Edited by ThatTreeLooksLikeA.....

Not at all. You can put HTML in your cache page that will change the background. There are variouse tricks depending on exactly what you want to accomplish. Some people are pretty good a jazzing up their cache pages this way.

When you list your cache, if you put HTML in your cache description and check the "I'm doing HTML" in my cache page check box it will work.

Edited by Renegade Knight
Not at all.  You can put HTML in your cache page that will change the background.  There are variouse tricks depending on exactly what you want to accomplish.  Some people are pretty good a jazzing up their cache pages this way.

When you list your cache, if you put HTML in your cache description and check the "I'm doing HTML" in my cache page check box it will work.

yes but where do i incert the HTML?

i had already tried that it still does not work.

Edited by ThatTreeLooksLikeA.....

Be sure to check the box "The descirptions below are in HTML" if you wish to use html in you cache page (This is right below the DETAILS label on the edit cache page.)

Once checked, you can add background info in html in the description along with your cache description, such as:

<body background="http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/76178_200.jpg">

which gives you a waterlike background. If you see a background on another page that you like, use you rbrowser to view the source and grab the link to that background.

Hope this helps.

I've found that sometimes when folks use "creative" backgrounds on their cache pages, this messes up even the "print-friendly" printout format. However, I'm not sure if this is a factor of how GC assmebles the pages, or if the user didn't code their HTML up correctly.

I generally change the background COLOR of my cache pages just for a little bit of differentiation from others (I have a "color swatch" uploaded and I HTML to that as my cache page background), but otherwise I try to keep it simple, in deference to these quirks of printing.

FWIW...

-Dave R. in Biloxi

Edited by drat19
yes but where do i incert the HTML?

I just put it at the bottom of the 'Long Descrption' field and it worked.

-RK from my thread post around the same time as this one:

<BODY BACKGROUND="http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/19153_200.jpg" BGPROPERTIES="fixed">

Will set a background picture (swap your link with mine) that doesn't move as the page is scrolled.

You can see the cache page here.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=54933