Meri Plat

After carefully reading all of the discussions with the new firmware (5.xx) I decided to upload. Everything went fine except one little annoying proplem, no not the location of the new user waypoint. I seemed to be having a proplem with recalibrating my tempature. It is telling me that it is 103+- inside my house, 84+- outside when it is only 40degrees right now. I've done everything from clear all memory, the annoying compass calibration(long and short version). Does anybody have a suggestion that could solve this proplem without taking a hammer to it. :huh:

Huh, I managed to screw mine up too (although I tried code number 24 before hand- it clears barometer history- I have used it before). I am not able to calibrate the temp or barometer (After I finish entering the correct values I tried hitting "save”, but it did nothing).

So far I have cleared the memory a couple of times, and redid 5.12 (with and without the SD card) firmware (neither helped). I will try downgrading the version and report back if it helps.

Wyatt W.

edit: spelling

Edit: Reinstalled firmware without SD card.

Edited by phantom4099
Huh, I managed to screw mine up too (although I tried code number 24 before hand- it clears barometer history- I have used it before). I am not able to calibrate the temp or barometer (After I finish entering the correct values I tried hitting "save”, but it did nothing).

So far I have cleared the memory a couple of times, and redid 5.12 (with and without the SD card) firmware (neither helped). I will try downgrading the version and report back if it helps.

Wyatt W.

edit: spelling

Edit: Reinstalled firmware without SD card.

Sounds like we have the exact same proplem. I'm going to reflash 5.12 one more time. If that does not fix this issue i'm going back to 4.02..

I had the same problem. Magellan emailed me to do a COMPASS calibration and then also the temperature/barometer. That fixed it.

What annoys me is that I lose all my custom screens with each update. Why can't we update the software yet keep the views the way we want them instead of what their engineers want us to view?

Edited by Scott Johnson