Backup Unit??

hobo dude

Like the lady in the previous post I would like to get your opinion on some units. I woulk like to find out what you would recommend for a second unit if you have one.. I run the Garmin GPS V now and I thoroughly love it. There are times that I would liket o find a or use a smaller unit. Any recommendations?? Thanks guys.

If I had the money I'd get the new Garmin 60CS then I'd probably either leave the V in the car or just get rid of it to help pay for the new Garmin.

Barring that the V is good all around and I've never been tempted with another GPS until something "better" in my eyes came along. More maps to load, more waypoints to mess with. I've got enough to just keep my waypoints in the GPs and PDA current.

Like the lady in the previous post I would like to get your opinion on some units. I woulk like to find out what you would recommend for a second unit if you have one.. I run the Garmin GPS V now and I thoroughly love it. There are times that I would liket o find a or use a smaller unit. Any recommendations?? Thanks guys.

What are you willing to give up for the size? A Geko 201 or 301 might be an idea if you can do without maps. They still display a very basic map with your current position, waypoints and tracks; but no roads, etc. I didn't think the V was all that big that you'd want smaller unless you plan to carry something in your pocket.

My Primary is a Meridian Platinum, but the backup Garmin Legend is much smaller and fits well in the hand, or in a pocket. They are also VERY reasonably priced, and 8MB of maps can be uploaded to them. I like having mapping capability even in a small unit.

Edited by marinerBC