Anyone From Nova Scotia?

Insp Gadget

Centre of the Universe = Rocky Mountains, right?

Wrong. TO clearly beats out the Rocky Mountains on Google Fight.

Hmmmm... Try as I might, I just can't find anything about To being the centre of the univers in here:

=====================================================

Main Entry: 1to

Pronunciation: t&, tu, 'tü

Function: preposition

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English tO; akin to Old High German zuo to, Latin donec as long as, until

Date: before 12th century

1 a -- used as a function word to indicate movement or an action or condition suggestive of movement toward a place, person, or thing reached <drove to the city> <went back to the original idea> b -- used as a function word to indicate direction <a mile to the south> <turned his back to the door> <a tendency to silliness> c -- used as a function word to indicate contact or proximity <applied polish to the table> <put her hand to her heart> d (1) -- used as a function word to indicate the place or point that is the far limit <100 miles to the nearest town> (2) -- used as a function word to indicate the limit of extent <stripped to the waist> e -- used as a function word to indicate relative position <perpendicular to the floor>

2 a -- used as a function word to indicate purpose, intention, tendency, result, or end <came to our aid> <drink to his health> b -- used as a function word to indicate the result of an action or a process <broken all to pieces> <go to seed> <to their surprise, the train left on time>

3 -- used as a function word to indicate position or relation in time: as a : BEFORE <five minutes to five> b : TILL <from eight to five> <up to now>

4 -- used as a function word to indicate addition, attachment, connection, belonging, possession, accompaniment, or response <the key to the door> <danced to live music> <comes to her call>

5 -- used as a function word (1) to indicate the extent or degree (as of completeness or accuracy) <loyal to a man> <generous to a fault> or the extent and result (as of an action or a condition) <beaten to death> (2) to indicate the last or an intermediate point of a series <moderate to cool temperatures>

6 a -- used as a function word (1) to indicate a relation to one that serves as a standard <inferior to her earlier works> (2) to indicate similarity, correspondence, dissimilarity, or proportion <compared him to a god> b -- used as a function word to indicate agreement or conformity <add salt to taste> <to my knowledge> c -- used as a function word to indicate a proportion in terms of numbers or quantities <400 to the box> <odds of ten to one>

7 a -- used as a function word (1) to indicate the application of an adjective or a noun <agreeable to everyone> <attitude to friends> <title to the property> (2) to indicate the relation of a verb to its complement or to a complementary element <refers to the traditions> <refers us to the traditions> (3) to indicate the receiver of an action or the one for which something is done or exists <spoke to his mother> <gives a dollar to the man> and often used with a reflexive pronoun to indicate exclusiveness (as of possession) or separateness <had the house to themselves> <thought to herself> b -- used as a function word to indicate agency <falls to his opponent's blows>

8 -- used as a function word to indicate that the following verb is an infinitive <wants to go> and often used by itself at the end of a clause in place of an infinitive suggested by the preceding context <knows more than she seems to>

====================================================

Ohhhh... wait... did you mean "Toronto"? I forgot all about that little place :huh: Isn't it somewhere in Ontario???

Ohhhh... wait...  did you mean "Toronto"?  I forgot all about that little place  ;) Isn't it somewhere in Ontario???

Yeah. You know, way over there in eastern Canada, along with that French place and all those little provinces. The prairies are of course central Canada, and BC is the West. :huh:

~~~~~~

JK - I love all of Canada. Well, maybe not the mess in my garage, but the rest of Canada, I love all that.

SylvrStorm

Ohhhh... wait...  did you mean "Toronto"?  I forgot all about that little place  ;) Isn't it somewhere in Ontario???

Yep, right there at "the center of the universe". Check the first definition for Toronto here.

Ok, I can buy that. Of course based on scientific study Toronto ranks right up there with Elves, Sprites, Goblins, and (depending on your thoughts on molecular-level particle physics) dark matter. :huh: