Birmingham To Memphis

Jamie Z

This is a goofy request, but I'll give it a shot.

This upcoming weekend (December 13/14) I'll be accompanying a friend on a drive from Memphis, TN to Birmingham, AL. She'll be continuing her trip, but I have to return to Memphis.

Per chance, is anyone driving to Memphis from (or through) Birmingham on Sunday, December 14? (Or even late Saturday night) We could nail some caches and I'd split the gas. Otherwise I'll have to take a Greyhound and no caches. :huh:

Jamie

Just strap your bike to the roof.

Don't say that. I've already given it some thought. I think it took me a little over two days to ride that section this past summer.

Jamie

I don't mean to get off topic, but has anyone seen my travel bug? He was on his way from Birmingham back to Memphis and got "logged out" offline.

jzbug.jpg

If you see him, please call the Memphis police department at 555-JZ4U

Thanks.

:lol:

You know, they have a very nice airport in Birmingham. Airplanes come and go from it, and I bet some of them even go toward Memphis. Just a thought.

I checked and the cheapest flights I could find were in the $200 range. I was only going to accompany my friend so she wouldn't have to make that part of the drive herself. Not to mention I'm voluntarily unemployed and a student. $200 just wasn't going to cut it.

Originally posted by: alexm

has anyone seen my travel bug? He was on his way from Birmingham back to Memphis and got "logged out" offline.

That must be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. :lol:

Now I can comment on the trip I made.

I just about two hours ago returned from my six hour Greyhound ride from Birmingham. The trip wasn't anywhere near as bad as people make out Greyhound to be.

However, I couldn't figure out why they have to charge $45 for a six hour ride. A comparable ride (on an equivalent bus) in Costa Rica might cost $5.

Jamie