Vancouver Area Hot Bfl Deal!

Jomarac5

For those of you who missed the last BFL deal that Gorak posted...

I just received a flyer today for a store called XScargo -- they have BFLs on for $14.99. I'll be stopping by tomorrow morning to pick one up in Langley and will post here afterwards about the availablity at the Langley location.

The lights are made by Emerson - they are rechargable halogen spotlights with 1 million candlepower with 30 minutes of continuous operation time.

There are two stores:

Surrey

19335 Langley Bypass

604-533-9681

Richmond

3600 No. 3 Road

604-214-2067

Geo 37

Just got back from the Surrey/Langley store and they have about 25 BFLs left in stock (as of 6:30 PM).

While there, I also noticed that they have 1500 mAH NiMH AA rechargable batteries in a 4 pack for $7.98 (with charger the price is $15.00)

Good deals for cachers.

Geo 35 37

Edited by Jomarac5

They're all offshore brands. The ones at XScargo are actually not bad looking. They're very similar to the one I paid $25 for a couple months ago. They're halogen bulbs with 6v lead-acid battery and both AC & 12V lighter plug chargers. I picked up a couple to maybe leave as FTF's.

Gorak

Geo 37 99V

Well... in my personal preferance... i like my Headlamp rather then blazing the forest up bright as day... I have a petzel ....Honnestly i don't even remember the model... cost me 85 bucks though.. but it does last for 12 hours... (when i don't accidently leave it on in my pack... the bateries are non-rechargeable ... and cost 8 bucks each... but in case the headlamp fails... Always have my handy (and heavy) Maglight .. bright red... 8 pounds... and extreamly bright.. and for those hard to stick the big light in places... i got the maglight mini.. for all those tiny cache holes.. ... So who really wins here? ... probably not me.. lol i'll pick one up over the weekend... :huh:

LOL - we don't go out into the woods with the BFL's blazing! :huh: I use a LED/Krypton headlamp, mostly on LED, while walking the trails. The BFL is only for closing in on the cache. It's amazing how reflective white plastic is in the dark when hit with a mega-candlepower of light! ;)

Gorak

Geo 19

Heh... well that makes more sense... My headlamp is Hallogen... Though i wish it had a way to lock it... i've had to buy 3 batteries just because it turned on somehow in my pack... grrr... Moral of story... Is there any locations in the Tri-Cities area offering this wonderfull discount? ... or one similer... Bussing out to surrey.. or richmond is rarely fun...

AlsidPrime wrote:

Is there any locations in the Tri-Cities area offering this wonderfull discount? ... or one similer... Bussing out to surrey.. or richmond is rarely fun...

XScargo is only in Langley and Richmond. If you'd like, I can stop by the Langley store tomorrow and pick one up for you. I can get it to you at the Belcarra cache event and you can pay me for it then.

Geo 18C 99B

Latest Walmart flyer had a unit that came with Carrying Case, Cig-Lighter Charger, batteries etc.

$19.99

I saw XS-Cargo ones in both stores over the weekend (I was at airport so I checked out that store too, then wife wanted to go so we went to Langley).

Both had some left. I think the Walmart ones looked better for the $5 more. Of course this was all before I saw this post yesterday.

Always have my handy (and heavy) Maglight .. bright red... 8 pounds... and extreamly bright.. and for those hard to stick the big light in places... i got the maglight mini.. for all those tiny cache holes.. ... So who really wins here?

Who wins? Well Maglite of course.

I know that I personally own no less than 7 (two AA units for the flight bag, one for the backpack, 1 3dcell for the backpack, two AAA units for jacket zipper pulls, one 6Dcell to whack people on the head, and a spare AA to use in the kids room for finding that elusive soother at 330 in the morning. I see that you have a few, Saint Patrick owns 4 that I know about.

Funny how we all seem to collect this sort of gear. I am hoping that Santa brings me a new Princeton Tec Halogen/Led headlamp for Christmas. I want it for sailing as it is a great handsfree way to change the headsail and see what you are doing (actually it is for finding that last beer that I JUST KNOW is hiding in the bilge somewhere).

Besides, it will be great for geocaching. Just what I need, another excuse to gather gear.

one 6Dcell

Where did you get a 6 D cell mag-lite from? I can't find a place that sells it anywhere

What does 'BFL' stand for? Big Fat Light?! I call them spot lights and own a few myself. I didn't get mine from XS Cargo but I know the richmond location has plenty left. They even had some 2 million candle power ones for $30 (not sure if they have anymore of those left though).

Where did you get a 6 D cell mag-lite from? I can't find a place that sells it anywhere

So I checked with my guy who orders all our maglites, and we can get them no problem. Check with your local mag lite dealer and MAKE him get you one. Or call me and I will get you one.

There really is nothing better than a 6Dcell Maglight for "a little extra lighting" or whatever else you need it for. Sure makes the cops look when you pull out a bigger Mag light than they use.

There is the real answer of why they make it, "Mag Light envy" LOL......... :mad:

Regarding the actual topic, I was in the Richmond XScargo today and they had quite a few on the shelves in both black and yellow. Picked up a couple to stick in some new caches over the holidays.

Gorak

Geo 37 105

I hear there's a good deal on rechargeable batteries at some stores too.

So I checked with my guy who orders all our maglites, and we can get them no problem. Check with your local mag lite dealer and MAKE him get you one. Or call me and I will get you one.

There really is nothing better than a 6Dcell Maglight for "a little extra lighting" or whatever else you need it for. Sure makes the cops look when you pull out a bigger Mag light than they use.

There is the real answer of why they make it, "Mag Light envy" LOL......... :D

I will look into today. The only mag-lite dealer I really know of is "House of Knives". Even though their merchandise is ridiculously marked up, they'll probably want to charge me some extra handling fees for placing this 'special' order.

How much can you get the 6D mag-lite for? I'll see how much I can score it from House of Knives and will go the better route. Thanks, Capitalpete.

I hear there's a good deal on rechargeable batteries at some stores too.

Yes. The richmond XS Cargo (#3 rd.) has some NiMH chargers and batteries there. These are great if all you need is AA. Unfortunately it can only charge AA sized NiMH cells and nothing else. They also have packs of 4 AA 1500mah NiMH for $7.99. I've never used them and don't recommend them but if they do crap out on you then your loss is under 10 dollars.

:)

How much can you get the 6D mag-lite for? I'll see how much I can score it from House of Knives and will go the better route. Thanks, Capitalpete.

Ok, I have them in stock just in time for Christmas, and the price is the same all year round.

Model S6d016 6 D Cell Maglight black in color, regular stock item at Captial Iron price is $41.99, stock only in the Downtown location.

There we are, sorry the for Semi commercial post! Merry Christmas Geocachers!

Pete

Ok, I have them in stock just in time for Christmas, and the price is the same all year round.

Model S6d016 6 D Cell Maglight black in color, regular stock item at Captial Iron price is $41.99, stock only in the Downtown location.

There we are, sorry the for Semi commercial post! Merry Christmas Geocachers!

Pete

What is the name of your store? Where exactly is it located (address please)?

Please put one 6 D cell maglight (black), Model S6D016, aside for me.

If you don't want to post to the details of your store (for whatever reason) then you can email me or PM me. Thanks, Capitalpete. Much appreciated.

- Pat W.

:)

Merry Greetings!

I will not post the name of my store as I do not want to use this forum to shamelessly promote us. I have sent you a personal email and yes I have put one aside today for you (I am at home stuffing the turkey! Ya Christmas! so phoned and got it set aside already).

Got to meet a whole bunch of people from the board in the last week or so, and just want to say "Thanks everyone" it sure is good to meet you and put a face to the names. Seems like this sport attracts a great caliber of people, and we are proud to be associated with you!

:unsure:

I will not post the name of my store as I do not want to use this forum to shamelessly promote us.

I'm not proud, and I don't work for Capital Iron either, so I can post that cachers should go see the Groundspeak gear that Pete brought in. Very cool. Have you run started to run out of some items yet, Pete?

one 6Dcell

What does 'BFL' stand for? Big Fat Light?! I call them spot lights and own a few myself. I didn't get mine from XS Cargo but I know the richmond location has plenty left. They even had some 2 million candle power ones for $30 (not sure if they have anymore of those left though).

Have you looked in Gall's? I realize you've probably already gotten one from CP, but Gall's has a wide selection of Maglites. :unsure:

:unsure:

Merry Greetings!

I will not post the name of my store as I do not want to use this forum to shamelessly promote us. I have sent you a personal email and yes I have put one aside today for you (I am at home stuffing the turkey! Ya Christmas! so phoned and got it set aside already).

Got to meet a whole bunch of people from the board in the last week or so, and just want to say "Thanks everyone" it sure is good to meet you and put a face to the names. Seems like this sport attracts a great caliber of people, and we are proud to be associated with you!

Great! Thanks CP. I hope you and your family enjoyed your turkey. Have a happy new year as well.