Unnecessary Images

Equipo Geocaching.es

I don´t have a delete link at the upload images page. I do have it next to the images at the cache page, but if I delete them here they still show at the upload images control panel.

thanks

Go to My Cache Page. Click on "Change your account information". Scroll down to the "Photo (JPG files only)" section, and click on the Upload Images link.

From this page, there should be a list of images associated with your account. To the right of each image title, it should have a [delete] link.

Why do you want to delete images? If they are pictures you have taken and uploaded then that's OK but if uploaded by other cachers with their log, unless they are spoilers or not nice why delete? Cachers often go to great lengths to get a good picture and I certainly find them interesting on my cache pages. I would be very offended if someone deleted my pictures unless I was asked first by email, it's only polite.

The problem is that it was my first time uploading images, and I have uploaded the wrong images and images with the wrong name. The good ones are the ones that everyone can see, but the wrong ones are still available from my upload pictures control panel, and these are using unnecessary space. I can leave them there, no problem, but I believe there should be an option to delete them if they are no longer necessary.

Go to My Cache Page. Click on "Change your account information". Scroll down to the "Photo (JPG files only)" section, and click on the Upload Images link.

From this page, there should be a list of images associated with your account. To the right of each image title, it should have a [delete] link.

That was the advice I gave him at first, but I realized that it does not show images uploaded directly to your own cache page. It only shows images uploaded to logs and thru the "upload images" link on the change your account information page. Weird...

Edited by Stunod

Let me see if I understand what you're saying...

There are no more images of yours on the cache page.

When you go to upload an image to the cache page, you press 'Browse' and see a list of images available for upload. You want to rid yourself of those images as well.

-- If so, those images are on your computer. You have to search for .jpg files and delete the ones you want to be rid of.

Let me see if I understand what you're saying...

There are no more images of yours on the cache page.

When you go to upload an image to the cache page, you press 'Browse' and see a list of images available for upload.  You want to rid yourself of those images as well. 

-- If so, those images are on your computer.  You have to search for .jpg files and delete the ones you want to be rid of.

No...the issue is this. On a cache you own, you have uploaded pictures to it using the UPLOAD IMAGES link in the top right hand corner. The link to the uploaded picture now appears on the cache page with a [delete] link next to it. If you use this delete link, the image is removed from the cache page, but it still will show up on the list of images uploaded when you return to the UPLOAD IMAGES page for that cache.

Edited by Stunod